Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Swope Park Rangers
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club looks to capitalize on momentum gained in its most recent win as the team travels to Kansas City to take on Swope Park Rangers this Saturday, Aug. 3 at 7:00 p.m. CT at Children's Mercy Park.
The match will be the second meeting between the two teams in 2019, the first resulting in a 5-1 victory for Nashville SC at First Tennessee Park on May 11. Currently, the team sits in fifth place with 35 points, and win this weekend could boost Nashville into one of the top three spots in the Eastern Conference. Saturday's match is one of just five more on the road this season.
Here are the three things to know about Saturday's match:
1. Watch Party at HQ Beercade
The club's official watch party will be held at HQ Beercade (114 2nd Ave. S, Nashville, TN 37201) starting at 6:30 p.m. ahead of the 7:00 p.m. kickoff time. The arcade bar is located downtown just a block away from Broadway and has vintage arcade games, pinball machines, and more. Fans who arrive early will receive a free drink coupon (while supplies last). Specials for the night include $5 Mill Creek cans, $6 Mill Creek draft, $7 cocktails, $8 wings and $10 burgers. Nashville SC staff will be in attendance holding a raffle for tickets to an upcoming home match and passing out NSC swag.
2. Climbing to the Top
Nashville SC has its eyes set on the top spot. Just eight points behind the current league leader and with 14 matches remaining in the regular season, Nashville SC has the potential and the opportunity to go on an impressive run in August. Seven matches will be played this month alone, with the next three coming against teams who are all below the playoff line. Not only is the team looking to make strides in the standings this weekend, but forward Daniel Ríos and midfielder Lebo Moloto are in the hunt for top spots of their own. Ríos and Moloto lead the Eastern Conference in goals scored and assists, respectively, and neither far from being first in the league. With 13 goals, Ríos is just one behind current league-leader Solomon Asante, while Moloto's seven assists is four behind Asante, who leads in that category as well.
3. Nashville's Second Winnd
The second half of Nashville SC's season is starting to pick up steam and has been filled with stand-out individual performances. In particular, Alan Winn was a top contributor in the matches against Memphis 901 FC and Indy Eleven, earning him league honors in both Week 20 and 21. He was named to the Team of the Week bench following the 2-0 win over in-state rival Memphis. The midfielder provided an assist to Daniel Ríos in the 49' minute to lock in the shutout victory on July 17. Winn was then named to the Team of the Week after an impressive match at Nissan Stadium against Indy Eleven. In addition to scoring the team's second goal of the night, he boasted 37 of 40 passes completed, three key passes and six out of seven dribbles completed. Winn and the team will look to build on the confidence gained in their last two wins as they head into an important road test Saturday.
Fans can watch the match against Swope Park Rangers live on ESPN+ at 7:00 p.m. ET. Nashville SC returns home to First Tennessee Park on Wednesday, Aug. 7. Tickets are available for purchase here.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 2, 2019
- Switchbacks FC Lose on a Late Goal to the Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- ATL UTD 2 Defeats Loudoun United 4-2 - Atlanta United 2
- Fury FC Settles for Scoreless Draw on Long Weekend Eve - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Extends Shutout Streak to Earn a Valuable Point on the Road - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Fall 4-2 on the Road against Atlanta United 2 - Loudoun United FC
- STLFC Falls 2-0 to New York Red Bulls II - Saint Louis FC
- LouCity Travels to Charlotte to Take on Independence - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC, Liam Doyle Agree to Mutually Part Ways - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Calls up Jordan Jones from FC Tucson - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Not Taking Swope Park Rangers Lightly Ahead of Saturday's Clash - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Takes Momentum to Pittsburgh - Memphis 901 FC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Swope Park Rangers - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Heads to the Tar Heel State for Rematch vs. North Carolina FC - Indy Eleven
- Time Changed for Legion FC V. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Sunday, October 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Memphis 901 FC Adds Marcus Epps from New York Red Bulls - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Sacramento Republic FC in Key Saturday Matchup - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Finishes Two-Match Road Swing in Los Angeles - Phoenix Rising FC
- Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks Battle for the Wrench in the Black Gold Derby Tomorrow - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Second Place Reno 1868 FC as Chase for Playoffs Continues - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: #CHSvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- New England Homegrown Talent Added to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Austin Bold FC Hosts Military Knight August 10 - Austin Bold FC
- Midfielder Rony Argueta Suspended by the U.S. Soccer Federation - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital