Memphis 901 FC Adds Marcus Epps from New York Red Bulls
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis 901 FC announced Friday it has acquired midfielder Marcus Epps on loan from New York Red Bulls of MLS, pending league and federation approval.
Epps is in his first season with Red Bulls after spending two years with MLS' Philadelphia Union.
"Marcus is an exceptional attacking player," 901 FC head coach Tim Mulqueen said. "He will provide us with great pace and physicality in our attack. He is a great teammate and is excited to join us in Memphis."
With the Union in 2017 and 2018, Epps appeared in 32 matches and made 15 starts. He helped on three of the Union's four goals in a 4-1 win over Real Salt Lake on May 19, 2018, scoring one goal and dishing two assists. He joined Philadelphia as the 25th overall pick in the 2017 draft, scoring his first goal on July 26, 2017.
The Jackson, Miss., native attended the University of South Florida, where he recorded eight goals and nine assists in 75 matches.
Weight: 160 lbs.
Jersey Number: 30
Date of Birth: January 16, 1995
Hometown: Jackson, Mississippi
Country: United States
Previous Club: New York Red Bulls (MLS)
How Acquired (Transaction): Acquired on loan from New York Red Bulls on Aug. 2, 2019
Memphis is on the road for a match at Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. (CT). 901 FC's only home match in the month is next Saturday, Aug. 10, against North Carolina FC.
Tickets for the remainder of the season are available at www.memphis901fc.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 2, 2019
- Switchbacks FC Lose on a Late Goal to the Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- ATL UTD 2 Defeats Loudoun United 4-2 - Atlanta United 2
- Fury FC Settles for Scoreless Draw on Long Weekend Eve - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Extends Shutout Streak to Earn a Valuable Point on the Road - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Fall 4-2 on the Road against Atlanta United 2 - Loudoun United FC
- STLFC Falls 2-0 to New York Red Bulls II - Saint Louis FC
- LouCity Travels to Charlotte to Take on Independence - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC, Liam Doyle Agree to Mutually Part Ways - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Calls up Jordan Jones from FC Tucson - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Not Taking Swope Park Rangers Lightly Ahead of Saturday's Clash - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Takes Momentum to Pittsburgh - Memphis 901 FC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Swope Park Rangers - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Heads to the Tar Heel State for Rematch vs. North Carolina FC - Indy Eleven
- Time Changed for Legion FC V. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Sunday, October 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Memphis 901 FC Adds Marcus Epps from New York Red Bulls - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Sacramento Republic FC in Key Saturday Matchup - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Finishes Two-Match Road Swing in Los Angeles - Phoenix Rising FC
- Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks Battle for the Wrench in the Black Gold Derby Tomorrow - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Second Place Reno 1868 FC as Chase for Playoffs Continues - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: #CHSvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- New England Homegrown Talent Added to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Austin Bold FC Hosts Military Knight August 10 - Austin Bold FC
- Midfielder Rony Argueta Suspended by the U.S. Soccer Federation - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.