Penguins Sign Robert Bortuzzo And Nathan Moon
WILKES-BARRE, PA - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have signed defenseman Robert Bortuzzo and center Nathan Moon to amateur tryout contracts, it was announced on Monday.
Bortuzzo, 20, appeared in 23 games with the Kitchener Rangers (Ontario Hockey League) this season, recording 17 points (1+16) and 24 penalty minutes. In three years with the Rangers, the native of Thunder Bay, Ontario has recorded 49 points (6+43) and 152 penalty minutes in 138 games.
The 6-4, 207 pound blueliner was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third round (78th overall) in the 2007 National Hockey League draft.
Moon, 19, led the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL) with 72 points in 62 games this season. He also paced the team with 40 assists, and tied for the team lead with 32 goals.
The 5-11, 180 pound forward also led the club with 35 goals, 42 assists and 77 points during the 2007-08 season, and has combined for 189 points (80+109) and 199 penalty minutes in 186 games during the past three seasons.
The native of Belleville, ON was selected by Pittsburgh in the fourth round (120th overall) in the 2008 National Hockey League draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockford Slips Past Milwaukee 2-1 With Late Rush - Rockford IceHogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Houston Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
- MVP Health Care Player Magnet Series Giveaway Continues March 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Things to Know for the Week - Portland Pirates
- Penguins Sign Robert Bortuzzo And Nathan Moon - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Turple Re-Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Playoff Packages on Sale Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Devils Jump Back Into Playoff Hunt - Albany Devils
- Coyotes Recall Montoya From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Road-Trippin' Griffins on Cusp of Calder Cup Berth - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly Update - Adirondack Phantoms
- "Boudreau Effect" Puts AHL Coaches in Spotlight - AHL
- Amerks Close Out March Slate This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Burdick Lexus Named Presenting Sponsor of 2008-09 Time Warner Crunch Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sauer Recalled to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- And Down The Stretch They Come - Rockford IceHogs
- Connelly Signs With Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- $4 Tickets Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- 10 games left, Sharks just two points out - Worcester Sharks
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Albany Goalie Justin Peters Earns Two Big Shutouts - Albany River Rats
- Westgarth Returns To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Moose Clinch Playofff Berth In Week 24 - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats See Playoff Hopes Fade With Two Home Losses - Albany River Rats
- Devils' Frazee named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Montreal Assigns Max Pacioretty To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Recall Forward David Van Der Gulik From Quad City - Abbotsford Heat
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Moose sign Walsky to ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Moose sign Ehrhardt to ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Moose release Josh Soares from PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Giroux Scores Number 50, Team Record In Sight - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Forge Comeback to Beat Bears, 6-4
- Penguins Stymied by Nell, Wolf Pack in 4-1 Loss
- Penguins Lose to Checkers, 3-1
- Penguins Score in Bunches to Beat Checkers, 5-2
- Weekly: Penguins Play Checkers Tonight, Tomorrow, and Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday