PawSox and Mud Hens Postponed Due to Rain
TOLEDO, Ohio - Sunday afternoon's scheduled series finale between the Pawtucket Red Sox and Toledo Mud Hens in downtown Toledo was postponed due to heavy rains in the area.
The Mud Hens make the return trip to Rhode Island in just over a week, and Sunday's postponed game will be made up as part of a doubleheader April 23 (Monday) at McCoy Stadium, beginning now at 4:35 p.m. The following two games of the series - April 24 (Tuesday) and April 25 (Wednesday) - will still begin at 6:15 p.m.
Pawtucket's road trip continues in The Buckeye State on Monday, when the team starts a three-game series against the Columbus Clippers (Cleveland Indians) at Huntington Park at 6:35 p.m. PawSox right-hander William Cuevas (1-0, 0.00 ERA) is scheduled to oppose Clippers righty and former Red Sox reliever Alexi Ogando (0-0, 2.45). Radio coverage on WHJJ (920 AM and 104.7 FM) and throughout the PawSox Radio Network begins with the pre-game show at 6:05 p.m.
Following that three-game series in Columbus, the PawSox return home for a seven-game homestand April 20-25 (Friday-Wednesday) against the Gwinnett Stripers and Toledo. Good seats are available, and fans can visit the McCoy Stadium box office, which is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m., and during all home games. Fans can also call (401) 724-7300 or log on to PawSox.com for tickets.
Images from this story
The tarp on Fifth Third Field, home of the Toledo Mud Hens
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 15, 2018
- Pigs Fall in Extra Innings 5-4 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Win in Extras, 5-4 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to RailRiders 4-3 in Rain Shortened Game Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Short & Sweet: RailRiders win 4-3 in five Sunday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings, Stripers Postponed Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Notes: April 15 - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Stripers, Rochester Postponed Sunday - Gwinnett Stripers
- PawSox and Mud Hens Postponed Due to Rain - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mud Hens Game Cancelled - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham at Columbus Postponed - Columbus Clippers
- Pigs Hope to Break out the Brooms Today - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indy's Sunday Doubleheader in Buffalo Iced Out - Indianapolis Indians
- Chiefs and Tides Finale Postponed Due to Freezing Temperatures - Syracuse Mets
- Sunday's Bisons Doubleheader against Indianpolis Postponed - Buffalo Bisons
- Sunday Maroons Debut on Jackie Robinson Day - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pawtucket Red Sox Stories
- Billy McMillon Named PawSox Manager for 2019
- 2019 PawSox Tickets to Go on Sale January 26
- Red Sox Announce Personnel Moves in Player Development and Minor League Field Staffs
- Red Sox Add 10 More Non-Roster Invitees to 2019 Spring Training Roster
- Red Sox Add 10 Non-Roster Invitees to 2019 Spring Training Roster