Knights Fall to RailRiders 4-3 in Rain Shortened Game Sunday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) - The Charlotte Knights dropped the finale of their four-game series against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders by a score of 4-3 on Sunday in a rain-shortened game from BB&T Ballpark in Uptown Charlotte. After the fifth inning ended, the rain intensified and the game went into a rain delay in the top of the sixth inning with a runner on first base for the RailRiders. After a 46-minute delay, the game was called official.
The Knights managed a total of five hits in the game, including a key two-run home run in the fourth inning off the bat of second baseman Juan Perez. Despite Charlotte's three-run inning in the fourth, the Knights fell just short in the series finale to the RailRiders, who won three of four games at BB&T Ballpark.
LHP TJ House (0-2, 7.00) was saddled with the loss after he allowed four runs on eight hits over five innings of work. RailRiders left fielder Zack Zehner homered in the fourth inning. His solo shot proved to be the difference in the game.
The Knights will now move on to their next series and open a three-game set against the Rochester Red Wings on Monday at BB&T Ballpark. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. for Monday's 7:04 p.m. game. Fans are welcome to bring their dogs to the ballpark for the team's annual "Bark in the Ballpark" game. Pre-game radio coverage will begin at 6:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and CharlotteKnights.com. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 15, 2018
- Pigs Fall in Extra Innings 5-4 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Win in Extras, 5-4 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to RailRiders 4-3 in Rain Shortened Game Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Short & Sweet: RailRiders win 4-3 in five Sunday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings, Stripers Postponed Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Notes: April 15 - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Stripers, Rochester Postponed Sunday - Gwinnett Stripers
- PawSox and Mud Hens Postponed Due to Rain - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mud Hens Game Cancelled - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham at Columbus Postponed - Columbus Clippers
- Pigs Hope to Break out the Brooms Today - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indy's Sunday Doubleheader in Buffalo Iced Out - Indianapolis Indians
- Chiefs and Tides Finale Postponed Due to Freezing Temperatures - Syracuse Mets
- Sunday's Bisons Doubleheader against Indianpolis Postponed - Buffalo Bisons
- Sunday Maroons Debut on Jackie Robinson Day - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- 2019 Collegiate Baseball Series Schedule Revealed Today
- Hurricane Florence Collection Drive Set for September 26th at BB&T Ballpark
- Charlotte's Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Second Straight Season
- Knights Crowned 2018 Minor League Baseball Attendance Champions
- Knights Win 2018 Regular Season Finale 6-1