P-Bruins Cannot Complete Comeback, Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-1
MARLBOROUGH, MA. - Paul Carey scored in the third period to make it a one-goal game and Dan Vladar made 31 saves, but the Providence Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-1, on Thursday afternoon. Providence pushed to tie the game late in the third period with sustained offensive zone time, but Hartford was able to find the empty net with 24 seconds remaining. With the loss, the P-Bruins season record stands at 14- 6-1 with just four contests remaining.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
HARTFORD 2 0 1 3
PROVIDENCE 0 0 1 1
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"That team we played today, that's a very good hockey team. They're clicking on all cylinders. They gave us everything and more and we've played them throughout the year. Right now they're really clicking and that's bound to happen.
The way I look at these last two losses, it's very much a challenge for us to raise our game up. We're certainly not playing as well as we were playing during the earlier parts of the season and we've got a week here to figure out how to get back to where we were. With that being said, I think both teams we're about to play are improved teams. The games we were able to win in the past are going to be a little bit harder to win over the next couple weeks. It's a challenge.
We need to look ourselves in the mirror and say this is not where we want to be. It's not any mystery that we're playing two teams that have improved. They'll be a much taller task as we move along here and hopefully we can rise to the challenge and get a couple wins out of it.
It's a question of who wants it more. I thought that they came hard at us. We did respond, I don't think it was a terrible effort by any means, but they did push a little harder than we did and hopefully we can learn from that."
- Paul Carey scored his third goal of the season and his second in the last three games. Carey has recorded 13 points (3G, 10A) in 21 games this season.
- Tommy Cross picked up the primary assist on Carey's goal, his fifth helper of the season. Cross has recorded eight points (3G, 5A) in 12 games this season.
- Robert Lantosi collected the secondary assist on Carey's goal, his sixth of the season. Lantosi has picked up 14 points (8G, 6A) in 21 games this season.
- Dan Vladar stopped 31 of the 33 shots he faced. Vladar has appeared in seven games this season with Providence, posting a 2.16 GAA and .921 save percentage.
- The P-Bruins will return to Marlborough, Massachusetts and take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Thursday, April 29 at New England Sports Center. Puck drop is set for 1 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 21 29
HARTFORD 19 23
BRIDGEPORT 19 11
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2021
- Gawdin, Phillips Score in Thursday Setback - Stockton Heat
- Andreoff and Millman to Phantoms, Laberge and Sandstrom to Taxi - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Cannot Complete Comeback, Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Roadrunners, TCC to Host Mobile Vaccination Site - Tucson Roadrunners
- Phantoms Will Now Play Full Away Game on April 26 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Spencer Carbery Agrees to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners to Wear Helmet Stickers for Leighton Accardo - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Gerbe from Taxi Squad; Kivlenieks Joins Taxi Squad from Cleveland - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #27 Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat, Moose Open Five-Game Set Thursday - Stockton Heat
- Friday's Wolves Game Moved to Sunday - Chicago Wolves
- Barracuda Downed by Gulls in Homestand Finale - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Earn League-Best 21st Victory - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Announce Full 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Providence Bruins Sign Eli Zummack to Two-Year AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Announces 2021-22 Division Alignment & Schedule Length
- P-Bruins Defenseman Josiah Didier Wins Inaugural Colby Cave Memorial Award
- Three P-Bruins Named to Atlantic Division All-Star Team