Oilers Beat Mavs to Force Deciding Game 7 Wednesday
TULSA, OK - It's only fitting that Tulsa and Kansas City will need a seventh game to decide their Mountain Division Semifinal series with another close game Tuesday at the BOK Center. The Oilers (3-3-0) defeated the Mavericks (3-2-1), 4-2 in Game 6 to even the series at three games apiece.
The first ten minutes of the opening period went by without a goal, but Kansas City's Corey Durocher buried a rebound on his backhand to put the Mavericks in front with 7:54 left in the period. Then on a delayed penalty, Oilers captain Adam Pleskach fired a shot through the legs of Mason McDonald from the top of the left circle. Tulsa went ahead with 2:47 left in the frame when Alex Dostie fooled McDonald on a 2-on-1 rush and tucked in a shot from his forehand, as the Oilers led 2-1 after one.
The Mavericks tied the score early in the second period when Durocher scored on a breakaway 70 seconds into the stanza. Tulsa went back in front when Steven Kaunisto backhanded a rebound into the net on an Oilers power play. Then after killing off a late second period penalty, Tulsa added to its lead when Alex Dostie fired home his second goal from high in the slot to make it 4-2.
The Oilers fended off Kansas City in a scoreless third period to win 4-2, behind 23 saves from Devin Williams, including six in the final frame.
The Oilers and Mavericks now face-off in a winner-take-all Game 7 Wednesday at 7:05pm at the BOK Center. If Tulsa wins, the Oilers would host the Idaho Steelheads in the Mountain Division Finals, starting with Game 1 Friday at 7:05pm at the BOK Center. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal Radio Network, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm.
Call 918-632-7825 or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information on playoff ticket packages for the Mountain Division Finals.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about the Tulsa Oilers. 2019-20 season tickets are on sale now by calling the Oilers front office at 918-632-7825. Visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2019
- Cyclones Advance to Second Round Following Shutout Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Beat Mavs to Force Deciding Game 7 Wednesday - Tulsa Oilers
- Playoff Run Comes to End as Wings Fall in Game 6 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Round Two Schedule Announced, Growlers Face-Off against Monarchs - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Announce Schedule for North Division Finals - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Tame the Beast, Advance to Second Round - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - April 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 6 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cherniwchan Signs PTO with Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades to Face Orlando in South Division Finals - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears to Face Everblades in South Division Finals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: K-Wings Aim to Even Series, Force Game 7 in Cincy - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.