Round Two Schedule Announced, Growlers Face-Off against Monarchs
ST. JOHN'S, NL - The Newfoundland Growlers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs have announced their schedule for Round 2 of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs, presented by SmileDirectClub, to begin on Friday, April 26 at Mile One Centre.
The Growlers will take on the Manchester Monarchs in Round 2 as the Monarchs eliminated the Adirondack Thunder, their round 1 opponent. The Growlers and Monarchs will play a best of seven series in a 2-3-2 format, beginning with Games 1 and 2 at Mile One Centre on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27, with both games dropping the puck at 7:00 p.m. The series will then shift to SNHU Arena in Manchester for Games 3 and 4 on April 30th and May 1st. Game 5, if necessary, will be played in Manchester on May 3, but at a yet to be announced neutral site as the SNHU Arena is unavailable.
Newfoundland would then return home for Games 6 and 7, only played if necessary, for the completion of the series. Game 6 is scheduled for Monday, May 6 at 7:00 p.m. while a possible Game 7 would happen at Mile One Centre on Tuesday, May 7.
The full Round two schedule is below -
#1 Newfoundland Growlers vs. #3 Manchester Monarchs
Game 1 - Friday 4/26 @ Newfoundland - 7 PM NST
Game 2 - Saturday 4/27 @ Newfoundland - 7 PM NST
Game 3 - Tuesday 4/30 @ Manchester - 7 PM ET
Game 4 - Wednesday 5/1 @ Manchester - 7 PM ET
Game 5 - Friday 5/3 @ Manchester(to be played at an alternate site) - 7 PM ET
Game 6 - Monday 5/6 @ Newfoundland - 7 PM NST
Game 7 - Tuesday 5/7 @ Newfoundland - 7 PM NST
Round two playoff tickets are now available in person at the Mile One Centre Box Office, by phone at 576-7657 or online at mileonecentre.com. Unique group rates can be obtained when you purchase 10+ tickets, for more information contact [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2019
- Cyclones Advance to Second Round Following Shutout Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Beat Mavs to Force Deciding Game 7 Wednesday - Tulsa Oilers
- Playoff Run Comes to End as Wings Fall in Game 6 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Round Two Schedule Announced, Growlers Face-Off against Monarchs - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Announce Schedule for North Division Finals - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Tame the Beast, Advance to Second Round - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - April 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 6 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cherniwchan Signs PTO with Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades to Face Orlando in South Division Finals - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears to Face Everblades in South Division Finals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: K-Wings Aim to Even Series, Force Game 7 in Cincy - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.