New York City FC Partners with Captain Morgan to Enhance Soccer Fan Experience
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Following the new comprehensive partnership between Major League Soccer (MLS) and Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum announced earlier this month , New York City FC (NYCFC) is proud to partner with Captain Morgan to activate for fans in the greater New York City area.
One of only five MLS clubs to partner with Captain Morgan on a team level, the NYCFC deal will see Captain Morgan become the official rum of NYCFC and the Club's exclusive partner in the rum category.
NYCFC and Captain Morgan have a shared value of creating infectious fun, so the two brands have teamed up to enhance the NYCFC fan experience inside the Stadium, at the pub with friends, and wherever supporters of legal drinking age come together to take in a match and celebrate good times.
NYCFC fans will soon be able to purchase NYCFC branded Captain Morgan bottles in-store and custom bottle labels featuring NYCFC colors and badges will be available to embellish your Captain Morgan bottles at home.
Starting today, fans will also see several national TV commercials from Captain Morgan celebrating the new partnership airing across a number of broadcast channels as well as digital content from @CaptainMorganUSA on Instagram and @CaptainMorganUS on Twitter. Click here to view the NYCFC ad.
The Captain Morgan team will also be hosting on-site activations at Yankee Stadium and integrate into the NYCFC Pub Partner program to provide fans with co-branded items as well as a variety of exclusive perks at Pub Partner locations for season ticket holders when they show their Cityzens Membership Card.
NYCFC CEO, Brad Sims, commented:
"We are proud to kick off our new partnership with Captain Morgan to bring even more fun to our fans as they cheer on NYCFC. We know how energetic and passionate our fans are and this new partnership will only enhance how we bring fans together and celebrate our Club."
Christina Choi, DIAGEO Senior Vice President, Rum, Gin & Tequila, shared her thoughts on the NYCFC-specific partnership:
"Major League Soccer is known to have an intensely passionate fanbase, and each NYCFC match is a great example of that. The excitement you feel in the stadium coming from the fans really mirrors the energy of both the City itself and the Captain Morgan brand. We know there's more fun to be had, though, and can't wait to bring it to the Bronx."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 16, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: July 16, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Continues Make-A-Wish Activities at International Friendly against Borussia Dortmund - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Houston Dynamo - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Chicago Fire Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Orlando City Look for Third-Consecutive Result Thursday in Portland - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Cristian Martinez Called up to U-22 Panama National Team - Chicago Fire
- Brek Shea to Undergo Season-Ending Knee Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: New York Travels North for Mid-Week Matchup Versus Toronto - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Partners with Captain Morgan to Enhance Soccer Fan Experience - New York City FC
- Timbers, Lucas Melano Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy 2020 Season Ticket Memberships Available Now - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Unveil New, Groundbreaking West End Stadium Design - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Signs Robin Lod - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce Initial Alumni Night Details - Philadelphia Union
- University Campus of Football Business to Open Study Hub at Toronto FC's BMO Field - Toronto FC
- LA's Biggest Stars Vela, Ibrahimovic Light up El Trafico this Friday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Postgame Quotes - Colorado Rapids 0-3 Arsenal FC - July 15, 2019 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Announces Continuation of Play with Phase 1 of 2020 MLS Regular Season
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 3 Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 1 Toronto FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 0 Inter Miami CF
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 3 Orlando City SC