Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-61)
Games #129: Nashville Sounds (60-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-61)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Seth Maness (7-4, 5.69) vs. RHP Colin Rea (13-3, 3.71)
First Pitch: 7:08 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Nashville vs. Rea: The Sounds have face Colin Rea three times this season. Rea is 1-0 with a 5.17 ERA (15.2 IP/9 ER), striking out 13 batters while walking 7. His last start against the Sounds was on July 20 at First Tennessee Park, where he went 5.0 innings and allowed 2 runs on 2 hits and 3 walks while striking out 5. He earned no decision as the Sounds won 7-4. Active Sounds hitters have performed as such against Rea: Jett Bandy, 0-5, 2 K; Matt Davidson, 2-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K; Zack Granite, 3-8, K; Andy Ibáñez, 1-6, 2B, RBI, BB; Patrick Wisdom, 1-2, HR, RBI.
Supa Hot Fire: The Nashville Sounds have the best record in all of professional baseball since August 7, going 13-2. Triple-A Charlotte (13-3) and Advanced-A Lakeland (13-4) are the only other teams with 13 wins in the same span. The Sounds own a 3.88 ERA (132.1 IP/57 ER) in the time frame, while the offense is hitting .292 (157-for-537) with 30 home runs.
Big Man-ess On Campus: The Sounds have played very well when Seth Maness is the starting pitcher, boasting a 14-5 record and average 5.53 runs in his 19 starts. He has also showed great command on the mound, walking just 15 batters in 106.0 innings. He owns the lowest walks per 9 innings ratio among 18 qualified PCL pitchers at 1.27. The next lowest ratio is 2.03 by Omaha's Jake Kalish.
High Quality: The quality start by Wes Benjamin in Friday night's win was the 9th quality start in August for the Sounds and the 26th on the season. The Sounds starters have been fantastic as of late, tossing a quality start in 6 of their last 8 games. The 45.0 % of starts being quality starts in August is by far the highest percentage in a month by Sounds starters, with July being in second at 20.0 %.
The Federowicz Effect: Catcher Tim Federowicz' clutch two-run single in the 9th inning of last night's win was the second time he hit a late-inning go-ahead RBI since his first game with Nashville on August 8. He recently hit the go-ahead home run in the bottom of the 8th inning of a 4-3 win over Omaha on August 17. The Sounds are now 9-0 with Federowicz behind the plate and he has thrown out 4-of-7 potential base stealers.
Closing the Door: Reliever Jake Petricka has found himself in the primary closer role for the Sounds since reliever David Carpenter was selected by Texas over a week ago. In the month of August, Petricka has four saves in nine games, and has posted a 0.96 ERA (1 ER/9.1 IP). Pacific Coast League opponents are hitting .156 against him in August. Since his first save of the month on August 4, he is tied for the PCL lead in saves with 4 (Memphis' Mike Mayers).
What's the word around Nashville?
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
[email protected] (#Rangers) lineup for 7:08 CT at Iowa #Cubs. Sounds 15-5 in August and have won 13 of last 15. 10G left. Seth Maness vs. Collin Rea. B'cast starts 6:53 (info in pinned Tweet).
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
We are for sure the Best Cheap Date in town, especially if you come on a #TBT or Fan Appreciation Day!
Vote for us in @NashvilleScene's "Best Of 2019": bit.ly/2z2rih5
Tim Dillard (@DimothyTillard)
So excited for @MiLB #PlayersWeekend!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 24, 2019
- Missions Use Pair of Six-Run Innings to Drub Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Chasers Fall to Redbirds 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Lose Lead, Fall in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Cabrera's Historic Night Leads 4-0 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Grand Slam Gives Iowa the Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Express Sweep Baby Cakes in Saturday Doubleheader - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Drop Doubleheader - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker Accomplishes 30-30 Season - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (63-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-74) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodges Game Notes - August 24, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Drop Game Two in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Keeping Pace in the Race - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Prevail on Wolf Pack Night - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut out by Las Vegas in Strikeout Heavy Pitchers' Duel - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sacramento Gets past Chihuahuas Again - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Top of the River Cats lineup destroys El Paso pitching in decisive win - Sacramento River Cats
- Dodgers' Offense Amiss Against Missions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park