Game Notes vs. Salt Lake
It's Wizarding World at Greater Nevada Field. The Aces will look for some magic with righty Riley Smith taking the ball for manager Chris Cron. Smith enters the contest with a 2-1 record and 6.37 ERA over 53.2 innings pitched for the Biggest Little City. He threw his team-leading fifth quality start of the season in his last outing against Las Vegas on August 19. He went six innings scattering two runs on four hits while striking out four. Salt Lake will send righty Jason Alexander to the hill who's seeking his second win of the year for the Bees. He's been hit hard so far this year coming into the game with a 1-5 record and 9.69 ERA over 39 innings pitched. He allowed four earned runs in five innings in a loss to El Paso on August 18 in his last start.
Wizarding World of the Reno Aces
Let us take you through Platform 9 3/4 and into the Wizarding World of the Reno Aces. A sorting hat station, House-inspired food specials, in-game entertainment, and more await for a magical journey! | Presented By Pritchett Eye Care Associates
Game Highlight: Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented By My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
Theme Night Wins:
After yesterday's win on Wolf Pack Night, the Aces are now 6-2 in theme night games this season. Country Fest - Win (6-3 vs. Tacoma), Star Wars - Win (5-3 vs. Memphis), Archie's Super B-Day - Win (1-0 vs. Albuquerque), Margaritaville - Loss (5-1 vs. Sacramento), 90s Night - Loss (3-2 vs. Fresno), Military Night - Win (13-7 vs. Omaha), Firefighter - Win (13-10 vs. Sacramento), Wolf Pack Night - Win (7-5 vs. Salt Lake). Reno will play their last theme night game of the season tonight for Wizarding World against the Bees.
20 Homer Club: Andy Young launched his 18th homer of the year last night in an Aces uniform, a three-run blast to center. He's just two home runs away from 20 on the season. The Aces already have three players with at least 20 big flies on the year. Kevin Cron has 38, Wyatt Mathisen has 23, and Yasmany Tomas has 29. Domingo Leyba also has 18 homers on the year and could join the club shortly. The Oklahoma City Dodgers have five players this season with at least 20 homers, the most in the Pacific Coast League. The most players with 20 homers in a season for Reno was three; happening in 2016 (Jensen -30, O'Brien - 24, Haniger - 20) and 2017 (Walker - 32, Arcia - 24, Borenstein - 24).
Roster Moves: The Arizona Diamondbacks recalled outfielder Tim Locastro from Triple-A Reno prior to tonight's game after placing David Peralta on the 10-day injured list with right AC joint inflammation. Ben DeLuzio was transferred to Double-A Jackson. Abraham Almonte was activated from the temporary inactive list. Outfielder Max Murphy was called up from Double-A Jackson. Murphy has played in one game so far this season for Reno coming on July 31 against the Iowa Cubs. In that game he went 2-for-4 with a solo home run.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 24, 2019
- Missions Use Pair of Six-Run Innings to Drub Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Chasers Fall to Redbirds 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Lose Lead, Fall in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Cabrera's Historic Night Leads 4-0 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Grand Slam Gives Iowa the Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Express Sweep Baby Cakes in Saturday Doubleheader - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Drop Doubleheader - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker Accomplishes 30-30 Season - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (63-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-74) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodges Game Notes - August 24, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Drop Game Two in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Keeping Pace in the Race - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Prevail on Wolf Pack Night - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut out by Las Vegas in Strikeout Heavy Pitchers' Duel - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sacramento Gets past Chihuahuas Again - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Top of the River Cats lineup destroys El Paso pitching in decisive win - Sacramento River Cats
- Dodgers' Offense Amiss Against Missions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada