Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12)
Game #40: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Chris Bassitt (1-1, 5.40) vs. RHP Brock Stewart (1-2, 2.41)
First Pitch: 7:05 p.m. CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Against the Dodgers: Oklahoma City has been a tough customer for the Sounds since their affiliation began with the Dodgers in 2015. Since 2015, the Sounds are 16-32 against the Dodgers. At Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, the Sounds are 8-16 over the last three years.
Hostile Home Field: At 17-3, the Dodgers have the best home record in the Pacific Coast League by a wide margin. Oklahoma City started the season by winning their first 15 games at home before falling to Colorado Springs on May 7. The Sounds will test their 7-11 road record over the next four games at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Hot Hitting vs. Powerful Pitching: Nashville's offense has compiled a .298 (62-for-208) average over the last six games but will have a tough test against the Pacific Coast League's best pitching staff. Oklahoma City is among team pitching leaders in ERA (1st, 2.97), walks (1st, 103), runs allowed (1st, 123) and home runs allowed (3rd, 23).
Tough Time Getting to Three Over: At 20-18 on the season, the Sounds have equaled their high-water mark and have another opportunity to get to three games over .500 tonight. Each time Nashville has been two games over the even mark, they have lost the next game. On April 19, Nashville was 8-6 but lost 7-1 at Iowa. On April 27, the Sounds were 11-9 but were blanked by New Orleans, 3-0.
What's the word around Nashville?
104-5 The Zone (@1045TheZone)
Looking for a night out with your family or friends? Enter to win tickets to the @nashvillesounds home game vs Colorado Springs on Tuesday, May 22nd! Enter here: https://bit.ly/2FETDLs http://bit.ly/2HVkgOW
AHA GreaterNashville (@HeartNashville)
@SoundsBooster tracks his blood pressure, too! This #StrokeMonth, we want YOU to check your blood pressure. High blood pressure can lead to stroke, so let's #CheckItNashville and #KnowYourNumbers! Thanks, @nashvillesounds for helping us improve the health of #Nashville!
#Athletics recall catcher Josh Phegley from AAA Nashville and place catcher Bruce Maxwell on restricted list. Details: https://bit.ly/2L8mprH
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2018
- Dodgers Rock Sounds in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Court Walks It off for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Alcantara, Telis Derail Express - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Hold off Express 3-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Halfway to Halloween Returns to Chukchansi Park May 24 & 25 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Former Express LHP Brandon Mann Named Rangers Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (May 21-29) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-17) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (24-13) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Begin Nine-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Look Forward to Homestand with Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Culmination of OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy at MYP Field Day - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds Announce 2019 Coaching Staff
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Scholarships for 2019 Scholarship Program
- Texas Rangers and Nashville Sounds to Play Exhibition Game at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Sounds' Group Outings for 2019 Season on Sale Now
- Sounds Announce 2019 Schedule