Reno Aces Game Notes
Today's Game: Following the off day, the Reno Aces travel to Albuquerque to begin a 13-day road trip. Reno will send right-hander Kris Medlen to the mound looking for his first win in an Aces uniform. The Aces are coming off a 3-1 victory that closed out their longest homestand of the season. In his last five games, Evan Marzilli is batting .385 (5-for-13) with two runs scored and an RBI.
About Last Night: The Aces concluded their longest homestand of the season (12 games) with a win over El Paso Tuesday morning, capturing a 3-1 series victory. Jake Buchanan was dominant, allowing no runs on 5 hits in 7.0 innings of work to earn the win. The Aces offense was led once again by Socrates Brito and Evan Marzilli. Marzilli finished 2-for-4 and Brito launched his second home run of the season.
That was quick: Tuesday's game was played in two hours and three minutes, nine minutes faster than the shortest nine-inning home game in franchise history. On September 5, 2009, the Aces and Fresno Grizzlies completed their game in 2:12 at Aces Ballpark. The shortest nine-inning game ever came in Fresno on May 4, 2016 (1:57).
40 Deep: 40 game into the 2018 season the Aces hold a record of 17-23. Their best 40-game start in team history came in 2011 (25-15). Reno went on to win the Division by seven games over the Tacoma Rainiers that season with a record of (77-67).
Decker Dingers: Cody Decker's home run total is up to 195 in his minor league career. With 195, Decker has the 3rd most Minor League homers of any active player. On April 9 against the Fresno Grizzlies, Decker went 4-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI.
Most MiLB HR (Active Players)
1. Dan Johnson - 257 (3 in 2018 - Bravos de Leon, Mexico Triple-A)
2. Chris Carter - 202 (11 in 2018 - Salt Lake Bees)
3. Cody Decker - 195 (7 in 2018 - Reno Aces)
Off the Bench: Kristopher Negron made use of his lone at-bat Monday, launching a solo home run in the bottom of the 9th inning. Negron is the second Aces player this season to record a pinch-hit home run. Kevin Cron hit his first Aces home run as a pinch hitter on May 10 vs. Albuquerque. Negron was one of three players last season with a pinch-hit home run. His last came on August 15, 2017 vs. Sacramento. There have been 20 pinch-hit home runs in Aces history. Negron joins Chris Rahl as the only Aces players with multi-pinch-hit home runs. Rahl played just 87 games in Reno in 2010. To date, manager Greg Gross ranks fifth in MLB history for most pinch-hits (143).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2018
- Dodgers Rock Sounds in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Court Walks It off for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Alcantara, Telis Derail Express - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Hold off Express 3-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Halfway to Halloween Returns to Chukchansi Park May 24 & 25 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Former Express LHP Brandon Mann Named Rangers Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (May 21-29) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-17) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (24-13) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Begin Nine-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Look Forward to Homestand with Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Culmination of OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy at MYP Field Day - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.