Bees Look Forward to Homestand with Sacramento
SALT LAKE CITY - After their longest road trip of the season, the Salt Lake Bees are back at Smith's Ballpark for a brief four-game series with the Sacramento River Cats beginning on Thursday, May 17th.
The Bees return to their home stadium following an eight-game road trip with four-game stops in Sacramento and Fresno. Salt Lake split the first series with the River Cats and lost the second series with the Grizzlies three games to one. Despite the series loss, just the Bees' second series loss of the season, Salt Lake won the final game 3-2 in exciting fashion thanks to a ninth-inning RBI single by David Fletcher.
As a team, the Bees continue to be dominant at the plate, leading the Pacific Coast League in runs scored, home runs, RBIs, and slugging percentage. After a call-up to the big leagues, Jabari Blash, who is tied for third in the league with 11 dingers, is back with the squad. Teammate Chris Carter is also tied for third in the league standings with 11 home runs. Fletcher ranks as one of the PCL's top contact hitters, as his .364 average is good for third in league rankings.
While brief, the homestand is expected to be memorable with an exciting lineup of promotions. Thursday's game will be Teacher's Appreciation Night in which all teachers who present a valid ID will receive two complementary tickets to the game. On Friday, the game will take on a viral theme as the team will host Social Media Night with plenty of memes and social media games and activities to enjoy. Saturday's contest will be dedicated to those who have been impacted by cancer during Pack the Park Pink Night. The team will wear pink jerseys with the name of someone who has been affected by cancer on the back and pink-colored shirts will be sold with the proceeds going to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. Lastly, on Sunday, the team will host Brunch in the Ballpark, in which $25 will purchase a delicious brunch in one of Smith's Ballpark's viewing patios.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2018
- Dodgers Rock Sounds in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Court Walks It off for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Alcantara, Telis Derail Express - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Hold off Express 3-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Halfway to Halloween Returns to Chukchansi Park May 24 & 25 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Former Express LHP Brandon Mann Named Rangers Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (May 21-29) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-17) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (24-13) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Begin Nine-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Look Forward to Homestand with Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Culmination of OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy at MYP Field Day - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.