Dodgers Rock Sounds in Series Opener
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers scored eight runs in the fourth inning on their way to a 13-3 win over the Nashville Sounds at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Thursday night.
Oklahoma City's huge inning came right after Nashville plated a pair of runs in the top of the fourth to cut into a 3-0 Dodgers lead. BJ Boyd's two-out, two-run single made it a 3-2 game and turned the momentum in the Sounds' favor momentarily.
Eight of the first nine batters reached safely for Oklahoma City in the bottom of the fourth. Tim Locastro highlighted the big frame with a three-run homer off Sounds' starter Chris Bassitt.
Eric Jokisch relieved Bassitt after the right-hander was tagged for seven runs in 3 1/3 innings. Jokisch struggled in his first relief appearance of the season as the first four batters reached against the southpaw as Oklahoma City's lead swelled to 11-2.
Jokisch settled in and went the rest of the way for Nashville. The lefty allowed six runs in 4 2/3 innings in a no-decision.
Dustin Garneau drilled a solo homer in the eighth inning to make it a 12-3 game. Garneau has homered in back-to-back games after not hitting any in his first 17 games.
The Sounds and Dodgers continue the four-game series Friday night in Oklahoma City. Right-hander Kendall Graveman (1-0, 6.00) starts for Nashville against right-hander Justin DeFratus (2-1, 2.76) for Oklahoma City. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
With tonight's 13-3 loss, the Sounds dropped to 20-19 on the season.
Nick Martini extended his consecutive on-base streak to 27 games when he walked in the first inning. Since April 14, Martini has reached safely in every game he has played in.
The eight runs the Sounds allowed in the fourth inning is the most in a single inning this season.
Catcher Dustin Garneau hit his second home run in as many games after not hitting any in his first 17 games of the season.
The 2018 season is the Sounds' 41st in franchise history and fourth as the Oakland Athletics' top affiliate. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2018
- Dodgers Rock Sounds in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Court Walks It off for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Alcantara, Telis Derail Express - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Hold off Express 3-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Halfway to Halloween Returns to Chukchansi Park May 24 & 25 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Former Express LHP Brandon Mann Named Rangers Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (May 21-29) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-18) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (24-12) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-17) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (24-13) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Begin Nine-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Look Forward to Homestand with Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Culmination of OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy at MYP Field Day - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds and Express Suspend Game Due to Rain
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5)
- Big Round Rock First Inning Defeats Nashville
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-9) vs. Round Rock Express (8-5)
- Sounds Fetch a Loss in Homestand Opener