Moose Doubled up by Iowa
The Manitoba Moose (1-5-0-0) fell to the Iowa Wild (5-0-0-1) with a final score of 4-2 on Saturday night at Bell MTS Place.
With tensions still high from Friday's matchup, both the Wild and the Moose were called for a penalty less than four minutes into the first period. The Wild scored first with a power play goal from Sam Anas. The Moose tied the game with Logan Shaw's third of the season after a pass from below the goal line from JC Lipon. Less than three minutes later, the Wild answered back as Sam Anas struck again with assists from Kyle Bauman and Colton Beck making the score 2-1.
Midway through the second, Nico Sturm notched another goal for the Wild assisted by Sam Anas and Louie Belpedio giving Iowa a two-goal advantage. With 32 seconds to spare in the second frame, the Moose cut the Iowa lead to 3-2 with a goal from Cameron Schilling assisted by Michael Spacek and Johnathan Kovacevic.
Penalties proved to be a road block for the Moose in the third period. The Moose were shorthanded for six minutes throughout the frame while still looking to tie the contest. Despite not giving up a power play goal to the Wild, the Moose were unable to score an equalizer in the third period. Kyle Rau scored the empty net goal solidifying the 4-2 Wild victory.
Johnathan Kovacevic has points in three out of four AHL games
JC Lipon posted his first assist of the 2019-20 season
The attendance was announced at 7,946 What's Next?
The Moose hit the road to take on the Grand Rapids Griffins on Friday Oct. 25. The matchup will be broadcast on TSN 1290, on the Moose App, or online at moosehockey.com/listenlive.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2019
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Rally for Shootout Win - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in Shoot-Out - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Pick up Point in 6-5 Shootout Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall Joel Farabee and Mikhail Vorobyev - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Alan Quine - Stockton Heat
- Malone Extends Streak in Condors 4-3 Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Panthers Loan F Henrik Borgstrom to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Close out Homestand Today - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Doubled up by Iowa - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Fall in Tucson for First Regulation Loss - San Antonio Rampage
- Undeterred Roadrunners Rally in Third - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hot Start, Late Strike Help Stockton Top Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.