Moose Announce Two Signings
WINNIPEG - The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team signed forward Ty Pelton-Byce to a one-year AHL contract for the 2021-22 season. Pelton-Byce will join the Moose on an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. The club also announced the team signed goaltender Liam Hughes to an amateur tryout.
Born April 14, 1997 -- Madison, Wis.
Height 6.02 -- Weight 195 -- Shoots L
Pelton-Byce, 23, posted 31 points (12G, 19A) in 24 games with the University of Wisconsin during the 2020-21 season. The alternate captain was named to the NCAA (B1G) Honourable Mention All-Star Team and the club concluded the campaign as NCAA (B1G) Regular Season Champions. The Madison, Wis. product split his collegiate career between Wisconsin (2019-21) and Harvard University (2016-18). Notably, during his rookie campaign (2016-17) with Harvard, the club went on to win the ECAC Championship that season. Pelton-Byce has totalled 88 points (32G, 56A) in 122 career NCAA contests.
Born July 22, 1999 -- Kelowna, BC
Height 6.03 -- Weight 197 -- Catches L
Hughes, 21, appeared in 32 games for the WHL's Winnipeg ICE during the 2019-20 season and posted a 21-11-0 record with a 2.53 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage. The netminder recorded a career-high three shutouts last season. Hughes suited up for 110 career WHL contests, recording a 50-46-12 record with a 3.13 goals-against average alongside a .906 save percentage.
The Moose face off against the Belleville Senators, Wednesday, April 7 at Bell MTS Iceplex. Puck drop is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT. Tune into the game on cjob.com/sports, MooseHockey.com/LISTENLIVE or watch with a subscription to AHLTV.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2021
- Point Streak at Five with Standings Point at Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Drop Phantoms in Shootout, 2-1 - Binghamton Devils
- Wolves Insider: Pick a Goalie...Any Goalie - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Finish Season in Irvine - San Diego Gulls
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Zegras to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Reassign Three to ECHL, Sign Clurman to ATO - Colorado Eagles
- Florida Panthers Reassign Defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Score Late Third Period Goal to Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers' Offense Falters in 2-1 Setback - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Summon Goaltender Hunter Shepard from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Avalanche Signs Clurman - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Alex Alexeyev Set to Return to Chocolate and White - Hershey Bears
- Iowa's Hunter Jones Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Close Four-Game Mini Series vs. Chicago Wednesday; Visit Griffins on Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Announce Two Signings - Manitoba Moose
- Joel Teasdale Caught Fire on the Road - Laval Rocket
- Colorado Eagles Announce Multiple Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Sound Tigers Battle Bruins on the Road at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Jets and Moose First Dose Community Vaccination Tour Aims to Fill 1,000 Walk-Up Appointments
- Manitoba's Zach Salmonson and AHL's Head Trainers Honoured with Yanick Dupre Memorial Award
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Plan for Schedule Unification
- Nathan Todd Named to AHL Canadian Division All-Star Team
- Moose Head into Offseason with 6-1 Loss