Monarchs Game Day Capsule
HEAD-TO-HEAD - The Monarchs and Thunder meet in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals tonight from the Jungle, with the Thunder leading the series, 1-0. Tonight's game will mark the 17th overall time the two teams will play this season.
BIG REINFORCEMENT - The Monarchs will have Matt Leitner at their disposal tonight, as the forward was returned from loan by the Ontario Reign (AHL) on Thursday. Leitner enjoyed an impressive rookie campaign, netting 12 goals and adding 37 assists in 51 games for the Monarchs. At the time of his loan, Leitner lead all first-year skaters in assists and was 2nd in scoring for rookie skaters.
COMEBACK KIDS - The Monarchs hope to not have to play from behind in the third period tonight like they did in Game 1, but if they have to, the team has shown all season that they can comeback in the last 20. The Monarchs led the ECHL in the regular season with nine come-from-behind, third period wins, and almost stormed back from a two-goal deficit Wednesday night. Manchester picked up where they left off during the regular season, scoring two goals in the final frame, after scoring the third-most third period goals in the league this season (82).
QUICK ATTACK - The Monarchs have quick-strike ability, and that was on full display in Game 1 when Mark Anthoine and Zac Larraza scored within :31 seconds of each other in the third period. In the regular season, Alex Guptill and Maxim Kitsyn found nylon just :12 seconds apart, marking the fastest two goals during the Monarchs season.
STREAK - Maxim Kitsyn carries a 12-game home point streak with him into the playoffs, tied for the fourth-longest such streak in the ECHL this season. The streak dates back to Jan. 24 where Kitsyn has scored 14 points on eight goals and six assists.
LOOKING FORWARD - After tonight's game, the series shifts to the Glens Falls Civic Center for Games 3&4 of this Eastern Conference Quarterfinals matchup. During the regular season, the Monarchs put up a 4-3-0-0 record in Glens Falls, winning the last three matchups at the Civic Center. Game 3 will be played Saturday night (7:30 pm) and Game 4 is slated for Monday, April 18 (7 p.m.).
#6 Adirondack Thunder (1-0) at #3 Monarchs (0-1)
Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 2
Friday, April 15, 2016 - 7 p.m. - Verizon Wireless Arena Media Contact: Matt Johnson (email@example.com)
MONARCHS PLAYOFF POINTS LEADERS
Mark Anthoine: 1 point (1g)
Zac Larraza: 1 point (1 g)
MONARCHS PLAYOFF GOALTENDING LEADERS
Colin Stevens: 0-0, 0.00 GAA, 0.000 save %
Doug Carr: 0-1, 3.06 GAA, 0.880 save %
THUNDER PLAYOFF POINTS LEADERS
Greg Wolfe: 3 points (2g, 1a)
Michael Kirkpatrick: 2 points (1g, 1a)
THUNDER PLAYOFF GOALTENDING LEADERS
Ken Appleby: 1-0, 2.00 GAA, 0.926 save %
Drew Fielding: 0-0, 0.00 GAA, 0.000 save %
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2016
- Royals Claim Game One in Toledo, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Take Game 1 in Back-And-Forth Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling Nails Down Game 1 with 6-3 Victory over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Fall to Thunder in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Four-Goal First Period Sets Stage in 6-3 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Early Lead Can't Lift Wings over Stingrays in Game One - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Take Game 1 with 4-1 Victory over Wings Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former IceMen Compete for Kelly Cup as ECHL Playoffs Begin - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- Nailers Announce Opening Round TV Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Chad Costello Wins ECHL MVP Award - Allen Americans
- Chad Costello Named 2015-16 ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: Kelly Cup Quarterfinals- Game 1 vs Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Playoff Broadcast Coverage Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Valiquette Earns First AHL Call-Up - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Playoff Game Preview: Game 1- South Carolina at Kalamazoo, 7 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers vs. Everblades Playoff Series Preview - Wheeling Nailers
- Cliches Just Fine for Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Thiessen Returned on Loan - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 Features 4 for $40 Ticket Special Plus $2 Beer and Hot Dogs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gameday: Adirondack at Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Today - April 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Take Game 1 of Series 3-2 in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Rally for 3-2 Win over Eagles to Take 1-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.