Thiessen Returned on Loan
Ft. Wayne, IN - The Cincinnati Cyclones have announced that goaltender Brad Thiessen has been returned on loan from the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League (AHL). The addition of Thiessen means that the Cyclones now have the maximum number of 23 players allotted for competition in the Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The Aldergrove, BC, native began his most recent stint with the Monsters back on March 19, appearing in two games with Lake Erie and posting a 2-0-0 record along with a 1.50 goals against average and a .953 save percentage. In 22 games played with the Monsters this season, Thiessen has recorded a 12-4-4 record to go along with a 1.95 GAA, and a .929 SV%. He was amongst the League's goaltending leaders in February, earning AHL Goaltender of the Month honors with a record of 6-1-2, along with a 1.75 GAA and .937 SV%.
Thiessen appeared in four games with the Cyclones in March, leading Cincinnati to wins in two of those contests and registering a 1.98 GAA and a .929 SV%. Overall, he has skated in 19 games with the Cyclones this season, posting a 10-4-2-2 record, along with a 1.89 GAA and a .934 SV%, while recording one shutout.
The 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs are upon us! YOUR Cyclones are on the march towards another Kelly Cup Championship, and want you along for the ride! Be sure to get your single game tickets, or check out one of our 2016 Kelly Cup Playoff Ticket Packages, available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), Instagram, and our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2016
- Royals Claim Game One in Toledo, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Take Game 1 in Back-And-Forth Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling Nails Down Game 1 with 6-3 Victory over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Fall to Thunder in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Four-Goal First Period Sets Stage in 6-3 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Early Lead Can't Lift Wings over Stingrays in Game One - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Take Game 1 with 4-1 Victory over Wings Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former IceMen Compete for Kelly Cup as ECHL Playoffs Begin - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- Nailers Announce Opening Round TV Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Chad Costello Wins ECHL MVP Award - Allen Americans
- Chad Costello Named 2015-16 ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: Kelly Cup Quarterfinals- Game 1 vs Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Playoff Broadcast Coverage Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Valiquette Earns First AHL Call-Up - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Playoff Game Preview: Game 1- South Carolina at Kalamazoo, 7 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers vs. Everblades Playoff Series Preview - Wheeling Nailers
- Cliches Just Fine for Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Thiessen Returned on Loan - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 Features 4 for $40 Ticket Special Plus $2 Beer and Hot Dogs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gameday: Adirondack at Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Today - April 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Take Game 1 of Series 3-2 in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Rally for 3-2 Win over Eagles to Take 1-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.