Valiquette Earns First AHL Call-Up
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced goaltender Alain Valiquette has been loaned to Hartford. It marks the first call-up of his professional career.
Valiquette, 25, turned pro last February following a three-year career at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario. He went 5-5-0 with a 3.69 goals-against-average and .899 save percentage in 11 appearances with the Swamp Rabbits and Elmira Jackals. In addition, he was named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Feb. 29 - Mar. 6 after going 2-0-0 with a 1.00 goals-against-average and .978 save percentage in two games against Atlanta, his first two appearances with Greenville. Valiquette made his professional debut with Elmira on Feb. 26 prior to a trade which sent him to the Swamp Rabbits on Mar. 3.
A native of Sudbury, Valiquette played 55 collegiate games at Laurentian and amassed a 3.33 goals-against-average, .907 save percentage and one shutout, including a career-best 3.02 goals-against-average and .911 save percentage in 22 contests earlier this season. The rookie netminder also spent one year at the University of Western Ontario in 2011-12, going 6-3-0 with a 3.07 goals-against-average and .895 save percentage in 10 starts.
Prior to his collegiate career, Valiquette played four full seasons of junior hockey with his hometown team, the Sudbury Wolves (Ontario Hockey League), from 2007-11. He posted a combined record of 50-67-6 with a 3.28 goals-against-average, .893 save percentage and four shutouts during that span. The 6'3, 186-pound netminder also helped Sudbury to the OHL Eastern Conference Semifinals in 2010-11 when he posted a career-best 27 wins.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2016
- Royals Claim Game One in Toledo, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Take Game 1 in Back-And-Forth Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling Nails Down Game 1 with 6-3 Victory over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Fall to Thunder in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Four-Goal First Period Sets Stage in 6-3 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Early Lead Can't Lift Wings over Stingrays in Game One - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Take Game 1 with 4-1 Victory over Wings Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former IceMen Compete for Kelly Cup as ECHL Playoffs Begin - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- Nailers Announce Opening Round TV Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Chad Costello Wins ECHL MVP Award - Allen Americans
- Chad Costello Named 2015-16 ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: Kelly Cup Quarterfinals- Game 1 vs Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Playoff Broadcast Coverage Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Valiquette Earns First AHL Call-Up - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Playoff Game Preview: Game 1- South Carolina at Kalamazoo, 7 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers vs. Everblades Playoff Series Preview - Wheeling Nailers
- Cliches Just Fine for Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Thiessen Returned on Loan - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 Features 4 for $40 Ticket Special Plus $2 Beer and Hot Dogs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gameday: Adirondack at Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Today - April 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Take Game 1 of Series 3-2 in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Rally for 3-2 Win over Eagles to Take 1-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.