Americans Chad Costello Wins ECHL MVP Award
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans are proud to announce that forward Chad Costello has won the CCM Hockey league Most Valuable Player Award for the second time in his professional career.
Chad Costello also won the league scoring title for the second year in a row, finishing the season with 103 points in 72 games, (24 goals & 79 assists). His 79 helpers tally, was just one shy of second place in the overall ECHL scoring race, as Colorado's Trent Daavettila finished with 80 total points.
"It's an honor to win this award," said Costello. "You look at what Josh Robinson did in Missouri this season, and the numbers that Trent Daavettila put up in Colorado; I am very appreciative and very lucky to be playing on such a great team. We also have the best coach in the league. His record speaks for itself. I'd also like to thank my family as well as the great fans in Allen for all their support."
Costello has totaled 228 points in two full seasons with Allen. This is his second time to win the league's Most Valuable Player Award. He was also named MVP during the 2011-2012 season, while playing with the Colorado Eagles, when he had 76 points in just 47 games.
Costello finished the regular season with a 19-game point streak, which is the longest in Allen Americans history, as well as a 19-game assists streak, which is the second longest in ECHL history.
"He has great vision on the ice," said Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson, which makes him such a fantastic player."
The native of Johnston, Iowa, has totaled 578 points in 459 games for his pro career. Costello and the Americans resume their first round playoff series against the Idaho Steelheads tomorrow night at Allen Event Center at 7:05 PM. Tickets are on sale at Allen Event Center Box Office or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Call 972-912-1000 for more information.
ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs - Idaho leads the Best of Seven Series 1-0
Game 1: Thursday, April 14th Idaho 3 at Allen 1 Final.
Game 2: Saturday, April 16th Idaho at Allen 7:05 PM CST
Game 3: Wednesday, April 20th Allen at Idaho 8:10 PM CST
Game 4: Friday, April 22nd Allen at Idaho 8:10 PM CST
Game 5: Saturday, April 23rd Allen at Idaho 8:10 PM CST if necessary
Game 6: Tuesday April 26th Idaho at Allen 7:05 PM CST if necessary
Game 7: Wednesday April 27th Idaho at Allen 7:05 PM CST if necessary
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2016
- Royals Claim Game One in Toledo, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Take Game 1 in Back-And-Forth Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling Nails Down Game 1 with 6-3 Victory over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Fall to Thunder in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Four-Goal First Period Sets Stage in 6-3 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Early Lead Can't Lift Wings over Stingrays in Game One - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Take Game 1 with 4-1 Victory over Wings Friday Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former IceMen Compete for Kelly Cup as ECHL Playoffs Begin - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- Nailers Announce Opening Round TV Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Chad Costello Wins ECHL MVP Award - Allen Americans
- Chad Costello Named 2015-16 ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: Kelly Cup Quarterfinals- Game 1 vs Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Playoff Broadcast Coverage Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Valiquette Earns First AHL Call-Up - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Playoff Game Preview: Game 1- South Carolina at Kalamazoo, 7 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers vs. Everblades Playoff Series Preview - Wheeling Nailers
- Cliches Just Fine for Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Thiessen Returned on Loan - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game 4 Features 4 for $40 Ticket Special Plus $2 Beer and Hot Dogs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gameday: Adirondack at Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Today - April 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Take Game 1 of Series 3-2 in Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Rally for 3-2 Win over Eagles to Take 1-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Team up with "Patrol Stories" to Build Awareness of Positive Policing
- Americans Add to Training Camp Roster
- Americans Partner Classic of Texoma, Announces Big Donation to Toys for Tots
- Traditional Reds, New Whites Showcased in 2020-21 Season Sweaters
- Minnesota Wild Extends ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Allen Americans