Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin announced today the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled defenseman Brennan Menell from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Menell, 22, has tallied 19 points (2g, 17a), 32 penalty minutes (PIM) and a plus-2 rating in 23 games with Iowa this season, including eight points (1g, 7a) in his last seven games. He leads AHL defensemen in assists, ranks second in scoring and T-2nd in PPA (9) and shots on goal (65). The 6-foot, 175-pound native of Woodbury, Minn., leads Iowa in assists, PPA and PIM, ranks T-1st in scoring and T-2nd in plus/minus rating and shots on goal. Menell recorded 44 points (2g, 42a) in 70 games with Iowa last season setting a franchise record for most points by a defenseman in a season. He ranked second amongst AHL defensemen in assists and T-12th in scoring. Menell has collected 88 points (12g, 76a), 71 PIM and a plus-10 rating in 165 career AHL games with Iowa.
He was signed by Minnesota as a free agent on Sept. 26, 2017, and has not appeared in an NHL game. Menell will wear sweater No. 61 with the Wild.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2019
- O'Connor Reassigned to Eagles, Two Return to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Tye Felhaber Reassigned to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Jimmy Huntington to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Luke Witkowski Named Syracuse Crunch Captain - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Loan Geisser to EV Zug in Switzerland - Hershey Bears
- Kopacka Assigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Reassign Forward Artem Ivanyuzhenkov to the Norfolk Admirals - San Jose Barracuda
- T-Birds Recall Marcinew, MacPherson from ECHL Ahead of Teddy Bear Toss Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Brannstrom, Hogberg Sent to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sean Day Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Burke, Hill Guide Tucson To More History - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Flips Road Script in 3-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Philp, Phillips Score in Wednesday Setback - Stockton Heat
- Burke's Two-Goal Night Rallies Roadrunners to 2-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Powerplay Propels Rocket to 3-2 Victory over Monsters - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Open Homestand with 4-0 Win over Marlies - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.