Burke's Two-Goal Night Rallies Roadrunners to 2-1 Win
TUCSON, AZ. - Tucson forward Brayden Burke scored two second-period goals, including the game-winner, as the Roadrunners erased a 1-0 deficit and defeated the Colorado Eagles, 2-1 on Wednesday. Eagles forward Jayson Megna would net Colorado's only goal of the contest, but Roadrunners netminder Adin Hill made 33 saves on 34 shots to lock down the win.
Megna would start the scoring when he snared an outlet pass at the Roadrunners blue line and raced through the slot before sliding the puck past Hill. The tally was Megna's fifth goal of the season and gave Colorado the 1-0 edge at the 7:25 mark of the period.
After carrying a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, the Eagles would watch the Roadrunners tie the game at 1-1 when a 2-on-1 rush was capped off when Burke fielded a cross-slot pass at the bottom of the right-wing circle and lit the lamp at the 8:58 mark of the period.
Tucson would then grab its first lead of the contest when Burke took advantage of a power play by settling a rebound at the bottom of the left-wing circle and snapping a wrister into the back of the net. The goal was Burke's tenth of the season and gave the Roadrunners a 2-1 edge with just 1:16 remaining in the middle frame.
Colorado would throw another nine shots on net in the third period and would pull goaltender Hunter Miska in favor of the extra attacker in the final minute, it would be no avail, as Tucson would hold on for the 2-1 victory.
Miska was solid in net, stopping 38 of the 40 shots he faced on the evening. The Eagles went 0-for-3 on the power play while the Roadrunners netted one power-play goal on five opportunities on the man-advantage.
The Eagles return to action when they take on the San Diego Gulls on Saturday, December 7th at 8:00pm MT at Pechanga Arena in San Diego, California.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2019
- O'Connor Reassigned to Eagles, Two Return to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Tye Felhaber Reassigned to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Jimmy Huntington to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Luke Witkowski Named Syracuse Crunch Captain - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Loan Geisser to EV Zug in Switzerland - Hershey Bears
- Kopacka Assigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Reassign Forward Artem Ivanyuzhenkov to the Norfolk Admirals - San Jose Barracuda
- T-Birds Recall Marcinew, MacPherson from ECHL Ahead of Teddy Bear Toss Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Brannstrom, Hogberg Sent to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sean Day Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Burke, Hill Guide Tucson To More History - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Flips Road Script in 3-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Philp, Phillips Score in Wednesday Setback - Stockton Heat
- Burke's Two-Goal Night Rallies Roadrunners to 2-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Powerplay Propels Rocket to 3-2 Victory over Monsters - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Open Homestand with 4-0 Win over Marlies - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid