McIndoe's Career Night Leads Chiefs to Big Win
SPOKANE, Wash. - Ethan McIndoe had a career-high four points (2G-2A) and Los Angeles Kings prospect Jaret Anderson-Dolan scored his 100th career Western Hockey League goal on Friday night as the Spokane Chiefs defeated the Victoria Royals, 8-3.
A high-scoring first period featuring six combined goals got started with a score from Chiefs forward Connor Gabruch, giving him points in three consecutive games and goals in two.
Victoria struck back with two goals before Anderson-Dolan joined the century club, sliding in the first of four power play goals for the Chiefs to tie the game at 2-2. After another Royals goal, Spokane overage forward Luc Smith added his 23rd of the year to make it 3-3 heading into the first intermission.
The scoring cooled down in the second period as McIndoe scored his first of the night on a rebound for the period's only score. The goal, scored at the 8:55 mark, proved to be the game-winner down the stretch.
Spokane pulled away in a dominant and decisive third period as they outshot the Royals 21-8, scoring four goals and holding Victoria off the board. Jake McGrew, Nolan Reid and Luke Toporowski scored goals, joined by McIndoe's second of the night.
Bailey Brkin collected the win for the Chiefs in goal as he went 28-for-31 in the full 60 minutes. Victoria's Griffen Outhouse started and finished 41-for-48 in 59:37. Brock Gould relieved Outhouse briefly in the third period, allowing one goal on one shot in 23 seconds. The Chiefs finished the night 4-for-8 on the power play and 3-for-4 on the penalty kill.
The Chiefs take to the ice again Saturday night when the face the Kootenay ICE on Centennial Hotel Buck Night, meaning fans can purchase $1 hot dog and Coca-Cola beverages at various concession stands throughout the concourse. Fans will also be invited to stick around following the game to obtain signatures from some of their favorite Chiefs players at the the Itron Postgame Autograph Session!
Tickets for all Chiefs home games are available online, over the phone at 509-535-PUCK and in-person at the Chiefs' Ticket Office.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Third Period Gets Away from Swift in 4-1 Loss - Swift Current Broncos
- Blades Spoil Show in Swift Current, Win Third Straight - Saskatoon Blades
- SWX Unable to Broadcast Game - Tri-City Americans
- Blades Welcome the World Sunday - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Visit Spokane for Final Time this Season - Kootenay Ice
- Calgary Hitmen and CMHA Calgary Team up to Raise Awareness for Mental Health - Calgary Hitmen
- Game 53 at Seattle - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Blades Travel to Swift Current for Bout with Broncos - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Everett - Game #54 - Portland Winterhawks
- Americans Top ICE 7-4 - Kootenay Ice
- Cougars Succumb to Rockets Rally - Prince George Cougars
- Sogaard Outduels Wolf in 1-0 Setback - Everett Silvertips
- AuCoin Leads Ams to 7-4 Victory over ICE with First Career 5-Point Game - Tri-City Americans
- Sogaard Shuts out Silvertips - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Hawks Shut Down the Thunderbirds in Snowy Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Wrap up Road Trip with a 3-1 Victory in Kamloops - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets Rally for 4-3 Victory - Kelowna Rockets
- Portland Skates Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- McIndoe's Career Night Leads Chiefs to Big Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Defeated by Chiefs - Victoria Royals
- Wheat Kings Buck Broncos in Shootout - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rebels Fail to Cash in During Dominant Third Period and Fall to Visiting Pats in Overtime - Red Deer Rebels
- Lamb Stops 52, Broncos Fall in Shootout - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Round Up Wranglers At Stampede Corral - Prince Albert Raiders
- Wranglers Would Like to Trow back 8-2 Loss to Prince Albert - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.