Mavericks Sign Quinn Smith and Mike Donnellan
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday afternoon that they have signed left winger Quinn Smith and defenseman Mike Donnellan to standard player contracts ahead of their Tuesday road trip to Wichita, KS to face the Wichita Thunder.
Quinn was signed as a free-agent after starting his season with the Norfolk Admirals (ECHL), scoring 1 goal and 1 assist through 17 games. The twenty-four year old Fairfield, CT native spent 4 seasons at Boston College (NCAA) prior to his pro career, accumulating 18 goals and 24 assists through 148 games. He was a part of Boston College's 2011-12 NCAA Championship and 2013-14 NCAA (Hockey East) Regular Season Championship teams.
Donnellan joins the Mavericks from the Peoria Rivermen (SPHL) where he has appeared in 22 games, notching 1 goal and 10 assists. The Saxton Rivers, VT defenseman played for the Watertown Wolves (FHL) and the Huntsville Havoc (SPHL) last season.
The Mavericks are on the road for their next 3 games, traveling first to visit the Wichita Thunder on Tuesday, Jan. 12th before they make their first trip to face the Colorado Eagles since joining the ECHL for the weekend of Jan. 15th.
The Mavs return home to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena to celebrate Mac's (mascot) Birthday on Friday, Jan. 22nd! Join in on the fun and enjoy the company of special mascot guests and a youth hockey/mascot broom ball game during the first intermission of the game.
Tickets to all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office. The Mavs game on Friday, Jan. 22nd sparks a 14-game home stand at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena that will carry through to Feb. 21st!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2016
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Radio Recon's Ready for the White Rock, BC - Boys - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Sign Quinn Smith and Mike Donnellan - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Rookie Defenseman Eric Roy Signs PTO with Monsters - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly News and Notes - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bakersfield Reassigns Greg Chase to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Kuhnhackl Becomes 55th Former Nailer to Reach NHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears open lenghty road trip with three wins - ECHL
- Walleye Weekly Review - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers to Welcome Francisco Cervelli on Pirates Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Stockton Heat Assign Mitchell Heard to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Pair at Quad City; Host Three in Three this Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Partner with American Red Cross for Disaster Relief Night - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Robbie Czarnik Loaned to San Diego - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Presenting Sponsors Named for Flyers Alumni Game at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- First Toledo Hockey HOF Class Announced - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.