Mavericks Acquire Scott Howes ahead of ECHL Trade Deadline
INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday afternoon that the team has acquired left wing Scott Howes from the Brampton Beast in exchange for future considerations. The trade took place ahead of the 2016 ECHL Trade Deadline.
Howes, 28, appeared in thirty-three games for the Beast this season, notching 13 goals and 11 assists through those contests. The Toronto, Ontario native has significant experience in the ECHL and AHL, including post-season success-winning the 2011 Kelly Cup Championship with the Alaska Aces. Howes was also named the 2011 ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs MVP, scoring 19 points (7G,12A) through the Aces' twelve-game post-season championship campaign.
Scott Howes, Brampton Beast 2015-15 (Photo Credit: John Warren/Brampton Beast)
The Mavericks play their next home game on Friday, Mar. 11 against the Tulsa Oilers at 7:05p.m. The game will be broadcast live on KSMO-TV as part of the Mavericks "Friday Night Ice" series-presented by Tickets For Less.
Friday night is Military Appreciation Night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. The Mavs will be wearing special military-themed jerseys which will be auctioned-off directly after the game in sections 101 and 102, with proceeds benefitting Folds of Honor.
All military personnel (active and non-active) are entitled to a $5 discount on any ticket in the arena (excluding loge and suite level), for the Mavericks game on Friday, Mar. 11. Must present military ID to redeem, available at the arena box office only, limit 5 tickets per ID.
Tickets for all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
Images from this story
Scott Howes with the Brampton Beast
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2016
- Florida Knocks off Atlanta 4-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Vanecek Earns Shutout as Stingrays Down Swamp Rabbits, 4-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Can't Solve Vanecek in 4-0 Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Blaze Past Gladiators 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Acquire ECHL Rights to Defenseman Taylor Doherty from Rush - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Sign Goaltender Mavric Parks - Adirondack Thunder
- Greenham Returns to IceMen, Leveille Recalled by Binghamton - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- Roster Moves Aplenty as Beast Prepare for Solar Bears - Brampton Beast
- Mavericks Acquire Scott Howes ahead of ECHL Trade Deadline - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Americans Trade for Top-Two Defenseman Matthew Register - Allen Americans
- Rush Receive Nicastro from Toronto - Rapid City Rush
- Gladiators Acquire Auger from Allen Americans - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces to Recognize Area First Responders - Alaska Aces
- Winger Erik Karlsson Assigned to Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Snag Defenseman Humphries from Evansville in Deadline Deal - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Acquire Ellis from Stingrays at Deadline for Humphries - Evansville IceMen
- Kelly Cup Tour Kicks off Tomorrow at Mavericks Home Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Big-Time Promotions Headline Three-Game Series - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Elmira - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Finally Home Friday, Saturday against Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Michalek Recalled by Minnesota Wild - Quad City Mallards
- Rush Add Luczyk - Rapid City Rush
- Forward Kevin Goumas and Kevin Sundher Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Walleye Playoff Tickets on Sale Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Faust Returned from Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Greenville, 7:00 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Begin Home-And-Home against Adirondack in Glens Falls - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 10 - ECHL
- Perfetto's Overtime Dart Dooms Komets - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.