Match Preview: #TBRvSTL
Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Saint Louis FC
Saturday, July 20, 7:30 p.m. ET
Al Lang Stadium, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Follow us for live updates on Twitter at @RowdiesGameday
Tickets for Saturday's match are available by calling (727) 222-2000. Gates will open at 6:30 p.m., 60 minutes before kickoff.
How to Watch
The match will be broadcast online on ESPN+. International viewers can watch online.
Tampa Bay: 11-1-7 (W-L-T), 1st place; 5-1-4 at home
Saint Louis: 2-4-3 (W-L-T), 11th place; 2-4-3 on road
The Rowdies and Saint Louis drew 1-1 in Missouri on March 23 in week three. Sam Fink scored off a set piece in the 26th minute, breaking the Rowdies 206-minute shutout streak to open the season. Tampa Bay had to wait until the 76th minute to equalize, with Sebastian Guenzatti converting a penalty kick after a Saint Louis handball in the box.
The Tampa Bay Rowdies return home atop the USL Championship's Eastern Conference following a 1-1 draw in Pittsburgh last weekend. The Rowdies fell behind early in the second half on a Riverhounds penalty kick but Lucky Mkosana scored in the 86th minute to win a point for the Rowdies.
Tampa Bay enters this match with 40 points from 19 games in 2019. The Rowdies finished the 2018 season with 41 points, meaning if Tampa Bay avoids defeat against Saint Louis FC, it will match or better its point haul from a season ago with 14 games left to play. The Rowdies tallied 53 points from 32 games in 2017, their best total since joining the USL Championship.
Sebastian Guenzatti leads the team in scoring with 10 goals, good for fourth-best in the league. His most frequent strike partner, Juan Tejada, is the Rowdies second-leading scorer with seven goals in his first professional season.
Tejada will miss this match as he is currently on international duty with the Panama U22 team for Olympic qualifying. Tejada started and scored for Panama on Wednesday night in a 1-1 draw against El Salvador in his international debut. The teams will meet again Sunday evening. Tejada is expected back for next week's visit to the New York Red Bulls II.
Forward Jaime Siaj is yet to play this season due to a quad injury, but he was on the bench for the first time last weekend,
Tampa Bay's early season success was spurred by an airtight defense that kept nine clean sheets in the first 13 matches of the season. Since then, the Rowdies have conceded in six consecutive matches. Still, Tampa Bay has only conceded 12 goals in total this season, tied for the fewest in the Championship. Indy has also only conceded 12 goals but it has played two fewer matches.
With 30 goals scored this season, the Rowdies rank fourth in Eastern Conference in scoring this season, though New York (45) leads the conference by 12 over Nashville (33) in second place. The Rowdies have only been shut out twice this season, tied for the fewest in the East with New York and Charleston.
QUESTIONABLE - Andrew Tinari (groin)
PROBABLE - Jaime Siaj (quad strain)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 19, 2019
- Republic FC Sign 16-Year-Old Goalkeeper Diego Ramos to USL Academy Contract - Sacramento Republic FC
- Nashville SC Helps Grant Local Child's Soccer Make-A-Wish - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Faces El Paso Locomotive FC Saturday in Texas - Real Monarchs SLC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, July 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Nashville SC Soccer at SandBar Brings New and Longtime Soccer Fans Together - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Lights FC & Nevada Donor Network Announce First-Ever Game Exclusively for Fans Who Are Registered Organ Donors - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC and Maccabi Haifa FC Reach Agreement for Transfer of Goalkeeper Josh Cohen - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: Toros Home Stand Closes out with Match against Sacramento Republic FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Concludes Two-Game Road Trip with Tilt in Orange County - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC Hosts New York Red Bulls II Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Set for Road Test against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview: #TBRvSTL - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Loudoun United FC Announce the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Segra Field on Saturday, August 3 - Loudoun United FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC v Swope Park Rangers - Ottawa Fury FC
- OKC Heads to Colorado Springs to Take on Rival Switchbacks FC - OKC Energy FC
- Tejada Scores in International Debut - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Preview | Year-Long Home Unbeaten Streak on the Line vs. Loudoun United FC - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.