Nashville SC Soccer at SandBar Brings New and Longtime Soccer Fans Together
NASHVILLE - On Thursday night, Nashvillians gathered at SandBar to listen to some good music and kick around a soccer ball at the latest Nashville Soccer Club Fan Jam event.
An event like this, based around a professional soccer club, would have been unheard of just a few years ago according to Teddy, a local collegiate soccer player at Trevecca Nazarene University and soccer fan who grew up in Mt. Juliet.
"It's great because we're kind of getting the vibe of what soccer can bring to a community," Teddy said. "I think the world's game coming here is really going to bring different people together from different places in the area, and really bring them together to show what we can come and be happy about."
Teddy came out to SandBar with his two friends Jake and Andres, who played high school soccer in the area and are both off to local colleges next year. The three of them enjoyed the beach soccer, while others enjoyed free drinks, music from DJ Logan Garrett, and the abundance of dogs that joined their owners at the event.
Teddy, Jake and Andres have all loved soccer for years, but couldn't watch high-level professional soccer without making lengthy drives to Columbus or Atlanta. Now, they'll have the chance to watch an MLS club in their own city.
"To have a team here in the center of Nashville really means something, especially for the youngsters that are coming up through the system," To have an academy that's going to come through the MLS club, it's just going to bring something that other states and other cities have gotten to cherish."
While the three of them are excited to see Nashville SC in MLS for themselves, they are also excited for the young kids that will be able to grow up idolizing the players that wear Nashville blue and gold.
"I remember being 10 or 11 and going to games at Belmont and Lipscomb and trying to meet the college players thinking that was the greatest thing ever," Teddy said. "Now, kids will be able to meet professional players who you see playing some of the best MLS teams, and now we're going to be playing against players like Michael Bradley, Jozy Altidore, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney, players who are at the grand stage. We never got that opportunity."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 19, 2019
- Republic FC Sign 16-Year-Old Goalkeeper Diego Ramos to USL Academy Contract - Sacramento Republic FC
- Nashville SC Helps Grant Local Child's Soccer Make-A-Wish - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Faces El Paso Locomotive FC Saturday in Texas - Real Monarchs SLC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, July 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Nashville SC Soccer at SandBar Brings New and Longtime Soccer Fans Together - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Lights FC & Nevada Donor Network Announce First-Ever Game Exclusively for Fans Who Are Registered Organ Donors - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC and Maccabi Haifa FC Reach Agreement for Transfer of Goalkeeper Josh Cohen - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: Toros Home Stand Closes out with Match against Sacramento Republic FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Concludes Two-Game Road Trip with Tilt in Orange County - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC Hosts New York Red Bulls II Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Set for Road Test against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview: #TBRvSTL - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Loudoun United FC Announce the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Segra Field on Saturday, August 3 - Loudoun United FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC v Swope Park Rangers - Ottawa Fury FC
- OKC Heads to Colorado Springs to Take on Rival Switchbacks FC - OKC Energy FC
- Tejada Scores in International Debut - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Preview | Year-Long Home Unbeaten Streak on the Line vs. Loudoun United FC - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital