Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game
The Toronto Marlies (27-18-5-2) return to action today for an early start at Coca-Cola Coliseum. The Manitoba Moose (25-22-3-2) are in town for the Marlies' first School Day Game of the season.
Coming into today's game, the Marlies are riding the high of a dramatic comeback win over the Syracuse Crunch on Monday and will be looking to extend their streak to three straight. The Moose are also coming off a win after beating Milwaukee 3-2 on Monday. These two teams last met in mid-December when the Marlies visited the Moose for back-to-back games. The Marlies combined for 12 goals that weekend with convincing 7-2 and 5-1 victories over the Moose. With a 2-0 lead in their season series the Marlies are definitely favoured in this cross-conference match-up.
Players to watch: After recording three primary assists in Monday's game against Syracuse, Jeremy Bracco now leads the AHL in assists with 38. He's registered four points in his last two games and currently leads the Marlies in team scoring with 53 points. Trevor Moore recorded a goal and an assist on Monday and has five points (two goals, three assists) in three consecutive games. Calle Rosen had a three-point game on Monday and now sits first amongst AHL defencemen and third in the league in assists with 36.
Puck drops at 11:00 AM on Leafs Nation Network, AHLTV, TSN2 and NHL Network. Fans can also stream the game live in the Maple Leafs App. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for behind-the-scenes action from Coca-Cola Coliseum.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
27-18-5-3 Overall Record 25-22-3-2
2-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-2-0-0
Win 2 Streak Win 1
185 Goals For 136
180 Goals Against 158
23.5% Power Play Percentage 15.7%
78.1% Penalty Kill Percentage 80.7%
C. Mueller (24) Leading Goal Scorer L. Shaw (22)
J. Bracco (53) Leading Points Scorer S. Griffith (39)
E. McAdam (9) Wins Leader E. Comrie (19)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.