Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Arena: Citizens Business Bank Arena
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. and Port City Bar & Grill. Stockton's radio call of the game is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned following the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game and a chance to win a puck signed by Mike McMurtry.
The Heat look to keep their momentum from a weekend sweep over Colorado as they take on the Ontario Reign Wednesday night. Stockton enters the game hot as winners of three of its last four tilts, having posted 18 goals over that span.
Alan Quine recorded his third hat trick of the season to lead the Heat to a 6-3 win Sunday against Colorado. The forward scored once in each period, scoring the first and final goals of the game for Stockton to help finish off the weekend sweep of divisional opponent Colorado.
PK STRIKES TWICE
The Heat claimed two shorthanded goals Sunday, coming from Ryan Lomberg in the second period and Buddy Robinson in the third. Robinson's was his first SHG of the season, while Lomberg's was his second. Stockton's PK outscored Colorado's power play on the night, 2-1.
Jon Gillies has won his last three starts in net, all against Colorado, turning away 87 of 94 shots faced (.926 SVP) in that span. He is the Heat's leader in wins on the year with nine.
GAWDIN'S THREE POINTS
Glenn Gawdin matched his career high with three points on Sunday, coming on a trio of assists. The rookie forward factored in on Stockton's third, fourth and sixth goals of the contest.
PHILLY ENDS SKID
Matthew Phillips ended his snakebitten goal-scoring slump at 13 games with his goal in the second period on Sunday. His score proved to be the game-winner as it put the Heat ahead 4-2 in the second.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.