Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has signed defenseman Joel Hanley to a two-year, two-way contract extension, which will run through the 2020-21 season.
Hanley, 27, has appeared in 16 NHL games with Dallas this season, recording nine shots on goal, 16 blocked shots, 16 hits and an average time on ice per game of 13:42. The defenseman has also registered 13 points (2-11=13) in 36 games with the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). Hanley is tied for third on Texas with a +7 plus/minus rating so far in 2018-19.
Hanley has recorded six points (0-6=6) in 38 career regular-season NHL contests with Montreal, Arizona and Dallas. The blueliner has also earned 90 points (13-77=90) and a +40 rating in 295 career AHL regular-season games with Portland, St. John's, Tucson and Texas. Additionally, Hanley has skated in 18 career games in the Calder Cup Playoffs, recording five points (0-5=5).
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Keswick, Ontario was originally undrafted and was signed by Dallas as a free agent on July 1, 2018.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and travel to Allstate Arena for their second morning game of the season against the Chicago Wolves, beginning at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.