Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, Lucky Joe's, and Subaru of Loveland are proud to bring back the "Pot of Gold Fundraiser". This community fundraising program is centered around the St. Patrick's Day holiday, in which the organization spearheads efforts to help change the luck of a local family in need. Celebrate with Celtic music, step dancing, green beer and the Eagles will don specially designed St. Patrick's Day Jerseys that will benefit the Pot of Gold recipient. This year's "Pot of Gold" will fall on March 23rd when the Eagles go head-to-head with the Manitoba Moose. In addition, Subaru of Loveland will donate of portion of every vehicle sold between now and March 23rd.
This year's recipient is the Romito Family. Richard and Jamie are the parents to four amazing sons. Richard and their eldest son Nicholas both serve as police officers and the three younger sons are all diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (Dominic - 18, Collin - 12, Kaleb - 10). Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a fatal genetic muscle disease with no treatment and no cure. All three boys are in wheelchairs, with two of them being 100% dependent on a chair. This leads to high medical equipment costs, as well as transportation costs and other medical expenses. They have started their own foundation to support young people with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, providing unique and fun opportunities to help improve the quality of life for others with this condition. Currently the family is in need of money for a down payment to move into their own accessible home able to accommodate three wheelchairs and the expanding needs of their sons as the disease progresses.
In the eight years the Colorado Eagles have been hosting the "Pot of Gold" night, the organization has raised over $300,000 for families faced with the financial hardships that come with caring for a sick child. This night hasn't gone unnoticed by the local communities of Northern Colorado that draw many to participate in the fundraising efforts.
The Eagles players will be wearing a specially designed Irish-themed jersey with distinct Celtic logo on the shoulder with the initials of the previous seven recipients of the Pot of Gold. Fans will have the opportunity to get engaged in a silent auction for the jerseys worn by the players during the game. The silent action will be held via Handbid from Sunday March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd at 9pm . Fans can check out the jerseys and get more information about the auction in the RainDance Tap behind section on the night of the game. In addition to the silent auction, donations will be collected with the help of Larimer and Weld County Sheriff's office during the game.
Subaru of Loveland has jumped on board to help raise funds at this game and will donate a portion of all new Subaru vehicles sold between now and March 23, 2019. In addition, Subaru of Loveland will make an additional donation during the game for all Chuck-A-Pucks that land in the sunroof of the Subaru on the ice during the Chuck-A-Puck promotion.
In addition to the fundraising efforts at this game, fans can look forward to the following promotions during this entertaining Irish themed game night:
o Large Green Budweiser Drafts for $3.50
o Irish-themed music and videos throughout the game
o Intermission step-dancing performance by the McTeggart School of Irish Dance
o Pot of Gold Jersey Auction in the Water Valley Tap
O Live bagpipe performance
The Colorado Eagles are also hosting a ticket fundraiser for the Romito family. All tickets purchased through the link are $21 each, with $5 of every ticket sold going directly to the Romito family. Purchase your seats today by visiting our group ticket portal:
The Colorado Eagles will be auctioning off their Pot of Gold jerseys online on
Handbid and through the Handbid mobile app. Fans can also make donations through Handbid of $10, $25, or $50. The auction will start on Sunday, March 17 at 12:00pm MST and end on Saturday, March 23 at 9:00pm MST. This auction will feature authentic Eagles Pot of Gold jerseys. These jerseys will be worn on March 23 when the Eagles take on the Manitoba Moose. You can register for the auction NOW visiting the link below:
Colorado returns to action when the Eagles conclude their three-game road trip against the Ontario Reign at Citizens Business Bank Arena on Saturday, February 23rd at 7:00pm MT.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.