Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that defenseman Jeff Taylor has been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Taylor, a second-year pro, recorded two goals and three assists for five total points in 28 games with the Penguins this season. The 24-year-old blueliner notched his first career AHL goal on Dec. 8, 2018, scoring the game-tying tally for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in an eventual 3-1 victory over Bridgeport.
Taylor joins Wheeling for the first time this season, but appeared in 28 contests for the Nailers during the 2017-18 campaign. In that time, the native of Clifton Park, New York registered four goals and 15 assists for 19 total points.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Friday, Feb. 22 against the Hershey Bears. Hershey's final trip to Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza this season also serves as an Eyewitness News Fan Friday, with lower-bowl seating available for $14 and select draught beers on sale for $2 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Puck drop on between the Penguins and Bears is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Defeat Thunderbirds, 3-2
- Lafferty's Hat Trick Helps Penguins to 5-4 Overtime Win over Phantoms
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 3-2
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule