Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed forward Hugo Roy and goalie Adam Carlson to professional try-out contracts (PTOs).
Roy just completed his first season at Concordia University in Montreal where he lead the team with 19 goals and finished third with 26 points in 28 games. The Fleurimon, QC native played three years of junior hockey with the Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL where he served as team Captain for his final two seasons. During his time there he totaled 127 points (67g-60a) and just 24 PIMs in 210 games and was a teammate with current Admirals forward Mathieu Olivier in 2017-18.
This is the second stint with the Admirals this season for Carlson, who has spent the rest of the year with the Rapid City Rush of the ECHL. There he is 14-13-2 with a 3.12 GAA and a .910 save percentage in 33 contests. The Edina, MN native played for three teams in 2017-18, spending the majority of his time with the Kansas City Mavericks (ECHL) where he was 5-1-1 with a 2.07 GAA and a .922 save %.
The Admirals continue their seven-game roadtrip when they travel to Cleveland this weekend for two against the Monsters beginning Friday night at 6 pm CT at Quicken Loans Arena. Milwaukee's next home game isn't until Tuesday, March 5th against the Texas Stars.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Rockford Rallies for Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Eaves to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bischoff Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Eagles Announce Eighth Annual "Pot of Gold" Recipient - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Goaltender Chris Nell and Forward Zac Lynch Join Hartford Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
- Game #48 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Unable to Catch Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Head to Ontario for Wednesday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Sign Roy, Carlson to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Nick Saracino to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Florida Panthers Reassign F Patrick Bajkov to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Moose for School Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Loses 2-1 in Overtime to Texas - Iowa Wild
- Stars Begin Road Trip with 2-1 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.