Mariners Continue Rink Partners Program
PORTLAND, ME - The Mariners will look to strengthen their relationship with local hockey rinks with the continuation of the "Rink Partners" program in 2019-20. The Rink Partners program was launched last season with four facilities entering mutually beneficial partnerships with the Mariners in an effort to grow the game of hockey in local communities.
"Local rinks are the lifeline to hockey as we know it," said Adam Goldberg, Mariners Vice President of Business Operations. "It is important for the Mariners to support local rinks and the various programs they run. The Rink Partnership Program helps highlight the great work being done around the area to introduce and build the game we all love so much."
The Rink Partners program gives local community rinks the opportunity be exposed to Mariners fans through social media and the team website in addition to receiving Mariners tickets and an appearance at each rink by Beacon the Puffin (within 20 miles of Portland). All rink partners also receive 25 Mariners T-Shirts, and a Mariners banner or dasher board for their arena.
The four inaugural members of the Rink Partners program were the Midcoast Recreation Center (Rockport, ME), the Dover Ice Arena (Dover, NH), the Ham Arena (Conway, NH), and the Rinks at Exeter (Exeter, NH). The Mariners will host a preseason game at the Rinks at Exeter for the second consecutive season, when they take on the Worcester Railers on October 5th at 4:30 PM.
Local rinks interested in joining the Rink Partners can visit MarinersOfMaine.com and click the Rink Partners link under the Community tab. A registration form can be filled out at the bottom of the page.
The second season of Maine Mariners ECHL hockey kicks off October 11th at home when the Adirondack Thunder visit the Cross Insurance Arena for a 7:15 PM faceoff. Tickets to all 36 home games are available at MarinersOfMaine.com. Full and half season plans along with 12-game mini plans, flex packs and group tickets are also available. For more information, go to MarinersOfMaine.com, call 833-GO-MAINE visit the Mariners front office at 94 Free St. in Portland.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2019
- Admirals Sign Five Players to Amateur Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Eight Players Heading to AHL Camps - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Ink Rookies Sebastian Vidmar and River Rymsha - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Sign Rookie Forward from the Western League - Allen Americans
- IceMen Bolster Defensive Unit with the Addition of Mitch Jones - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Aqcuire Rights to Fowlie, Futures from Jacksonville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Hellems and Defiel Re-Sign with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Five Rush Players Invited to Tucson's Training Camp - Rapid City Rush
- Nashville Singer Morgan Myles to Perform on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Continue Rink Partners Program - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Mariners Stories
- Mariners Spoil Reading Royals Home Opener with 5-3 Win
- Mariners Gain First Point of Season in Shootout Loss to Worcester
- Mariners Help Launch Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford