Cyclones Aqcuire Rights to Fowlie, Futures from Jacksonville
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have acquired the ECHL rights to forward Cody Fowlie along with Future Considerations to the Jacksonville IceMen, in exchange for the rights to defenseman Mitch Jones.
Fowlie spent parts of the last two seasons with the IceMen, accounting for 24 goals and 32 assists for 56 points. He ranked third on the team last season in scoring with 42 points (20g, 22a) in 71 games, and led Jacksonville with 199 shots on goal. He began last season with a three-game goal and point streak (3g, 1a), and enjoyed a career-high seven game heater from January 29-February 13 (5g, 5a). He is currently playing for Romanian club ASC Corona Brasov in the Erste Liga.
Prior to turning pro, Fowlie spent five seasons at the University of Regina, accounting for 88 points (33g, 55a) in 134 games. He also spent three seasons in the Western Hockey League (WHL) with the Everett Silvertips and Kelowna Rockets, totaling 38 goals and 59 assists in 208 career games, along with 157 penalty minutes.
Jones appeared in 58 games for the Cyclones last season, accounting for a career-high 19 points (6g, 13a), along with 82 minutes in penalties. He also skated in nine playoff games for Cincinnati, accounting for a pair of goals and four assists.
Acquired in a trade prior to last season, Jones skated in 58 games with the Utah Grizzlies during the 2017-18 season, accounting for a pair of goals and 12 assists along with 82 minutes in penalties. He spent the two seasons prior with the Alaska Aces where he totaled five goals and 12 assists, along with 77 penalty minutes, in 56 games.
Prior to turning pro, the 5-11, 180lb defenseman spent parts of four seasons with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he was responsible for 12 goals and 26 assists in 166 career games. He also racked up 363 minutes in penalties.
The 2018-19 season has come to an end and the Brabham Cup champion Cincinnati Cyclones want to thank you for coming along for the ride with us! Our sights now turn to FIRST FACE-OFF which is set for Saturday, October 12, against the Wheeling Nailers, and we invite YOU to stay tuned all off-season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information, and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2019
- Admirals Sign Five Players to Amateur Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Eight Players Heading to AHL Camps - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Ink Rookies Sebastian Vidmar and River Rymsha - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Sign Rookie Forward from the Western League - Allen Americans
- IceMen Bolster Defensive Unit with the Addition of Mitch Jones - Jacksonville Icemen
- Cyclones Aqcuire Rights to Fowlie, Futures from Jacksonville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Hellems and Defiel Re-Sign with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Five Rush Players Invited to Tucson's Training Camp - Rapid City Rush
- Nashville Singer Morgan Myles to Perform on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Continue Rink Partners Program - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.