Maestro Paul Ferington Returns to Lead BPO at Bisons July 3rd KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration, Concert Set List Announced
The great WNY summer tradition of the KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration is now in its milestone 25th season and the Bisons today announced that the maestro, Paul Ferington, will return to conduct the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra for this year's postgame concert on Wednesday, July 3rd.
The Bisons also announced the BPO's Set List for this year's concert following the Bisons game against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and are offering fans an even greater offer on their popular BPO Ticket Pack.
A staple of the KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration, Ferington led the BPO for the event for 18 consecutive years, 1998-2015, and had a profound impact on the growth of this fan-favorite event. From introducing the Armed Forces Salute tradition of having military members stand and be recognized, to his tireless efforts to help Bisons fans celebrate our nation's independence, Ferington became and continues to be a beloved figure at the ballpark.
With his return on July 3rd, Ferington will conduct 19 of the 25 postgame concerts in the history of the Bisons' Independence Eve Celebration.
Limited Time Ticket Offer
In celebration of Paul's return, the Bisons have announced a limited time offer on their popular BPO Ticket Pack. Fans that order the pack at Bisons.com or at the Sahlen Field Box Office by Sunday, May 19 will not only receive 4 game tickets, 4 Sahlen's hot dogs, 4 Coca-Colas and 25% off in the giftshops for July 3rd, but a bonus 4 FREE TICKETS to the team's Honda fridaynightbash! game on June 7. At only $122, it's a savings of $83 or over 40%.
BPO Set List for the KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration
This year's show will once again combine great patriotic classics and tributes to celebrate pop culture milestones. Included in this year's set list are RESPECT (honoring the life of Aretha Franklin), 2001: A Space Odyssey (50th anniversary of the moon landing), Lion King (25th anniversary) and Toy Story (20th anniversary of the movie sequel). Joining the BPO this year to sing along will be the award-winning performers from Spot On Entertainment, a New York City-based concert production company.
Of course, no July 3rd concert from the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra can be completed without the Battle Hymn of the Republic, The Armed Forces Salute, Overture 1812 and Stars and Stripes Forever as we celebrate our nation's independence and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in securing and defending our freedoms.
For more information on this year's event, fans should visit Bisons.com/IndependenceEve.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Hens Split Doubleheader with RailRiders - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Split Double Dip - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Whip Pawtucket 7-5 for Seventh Straight Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Robinson, Craig Go Yard as Indians Ride by Tides, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Smoke Pigs 10-3 for 4th Straight Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rivera Homers Twice, But Mets Lose to Clippers, 14-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Lose on Walk-Off Passed Ball, 7-6 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Best Red Wings in Series Opener - Durham Bulls
- Knights blast four home runs in win over IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pedroia Begins Rehab Assignment in Loss to Stripers - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (20-17) vs. Norfolk Tides (19-19) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hartlieb Has Contract Selected by Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Maestro Paul Ferington Returns to Lead BPO at Bisons July 3rd KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration, Concert Set List Announced - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Pigs Announce Two On-Field Movie Nights - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-23) at Buffalo Bisons (14-22) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.