Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (7:05 p.m.)
May 17, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 38| Home Game # 19
BUFFALO BISONS (14-22, T-4, -7.5 North) vs. LOUISVILLE BATS (17-23, 3rd, -6.0 West)
RHP Sean Reid-Foley (0-2, 8.31) vs. RHP Jose Lopez (2-2, 5.29)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening the Bisons begin a three-game series with the Louisville Bats at Sahlen Field. It begins the back half of the six-day homestand in Buffalo that began against Gwinnett. The Herd will enjoy an off day on Monday before making their first trip to Rochester beginning on Tuesday.
Last Game: BUF 2, GWN 11
The Gwinnett Stripers clubbed their way to 13 hits, en route to the three-game series sweep against Buffalo. Eight of Gwinnett's 13 hits were for extra bases, including four home runs. The visitors scored in each of the first seven innings, while the Herd were able to plate solo runs in the fourth and eight innings, respctively. Cavan Biggio collected his team leading 25th RBI in the loss.
The Bisons and Louisville Bats did not meet in Downtown Buffalo in 2018. The three-game series in April was wiped out due to inclement weather in the Queen City. As a result, one game was made up at Louisville Slugger Field in July, while two games were cancelled. The Bats won three of the four meetings that took place in Kentucky.
Sean Reid-Foley will make his seventh start and eighth overall apperance for the Bisons when he takes the hill tonight. The second-year Bison is still in search of his first win of the 2019 season. He was saddled with his second loss of the year in his last start on 5/10 at Norfolk, where he worked 6.0 IP and surrendered 4R on 5H.
Cavan Biggio drove in his team best 25th RBI of the season with a double in the fourth inning on Thursday. The Triple-A rookie leads Buffalo in many of the offensive categories among qualified batters, including batting average (.316), hits (37), and home runs (6). Biggio has reached base in 33 of the 36 games he had played this season.
Justin Shafer worked an inning of relief in Thursday's loss, his first work of the homestand. The right hander retired all three batters he faced to increase his scoreless streak to 3.1IP over the last four games.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (17-26) began their four-game road series with the Chicago White Sox with a 2-4 loss. Freddy Galvis'
home run in the second inning was not enough to get the win as the White Sox had a two-run eighth, giving them the lead and the game. The Jays come into tonight's game, at 8:10 EDT, looking to even the series at a game apiece. RHP Aaron Sanchez takes the ball for Toronto looking to improve on his 3-4 record, he will be opposed by fellow right hander Ivan Nova at Guranteed Rate Field tonight.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Hens Split Doubleheader with RailRiders - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Split Double Dip - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Whip Pawtucket 7-5 for Seventh Straight Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Robinson, Craig Go Yard as Indians Ride by Tides, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Smoke Pigs 10-3 for 4th Straight Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rivera Homers Twice, But Mets Lose to Clippers, 14-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Lose on Walk-Off Passed Ball, 7-6 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Best Red Wings in Series Opener - Durham Bulls
- Knights blast four home runs in win over IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pedroia Begins Rehab Assignment in Loss to Stripers - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (20-17) vs. Norfolk Tides (19-19) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hartlieb Has Contract Selected by Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Maestro Paul Ferington Returns to Lead BPO at Bisons July 3rd KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration, Concert Set List Announced - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Pigs Announce Two On-Field Movie Nights - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-23) at Buffalo Bisons (14-22) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (1:05 p.m.)
- Brito's Hit Caps Bisons Rally in 5-3 Win over Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.)
- Bisons to Wear the 'Blue & Gold' for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, Friday, August 16
- Bisons Fall Short in Extra-Inning Slugfest, 9-7