Hartlieb Has Contract Selected by Pittsburgh
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the Pittsburgh Pirates selected the contract of right-handed reliever Geoff Hartlieb. He follows Montana DuRapau as the second Tribe reliever to have his contract selected by the big-league club and will be the fifth Indian to make his major league debut this season.
Hartlieb, 25, made his Triple-A debut this season and ranks second among Tribe relievers with 23 strikeouts. He is 1-0 with one save and a 3.32 ERA (7er/19.0ip), with eight of his 12 appearances being scoreless and nine of the 12 outings being multi-inning appearances. He did not allow a run in his first 8.0 innings (five games), surrendering only five hits in the process. In his last outing, he threw one hitless inning and struck out two.
Hartlieb spent the entire 2018 season with Altoona, going 8-2 with a 3.24 ERA (21er/58.1ip). He led all Pirates minor leaguers with 47 appearances and finished third with 10 saves. The Highland, Ill. native was selected by Pittsburgh in the 29th round (885th overall) of the 2016 First-Year Player Draft out of Lindenwood (Mo.) University. He is the first player from Pittsburgh's 2016 draft class to reach the big leagues.
The Pirates made additional moves this afternoon. They recalled right-handed reliever Clay Holmes from Indy, optioned right-handed reliever Richard Rodriguez to Indy, placed right-handed starter Trevor Williams on the 10-day injured list and outrighted catcher Jacob Stallings to Indy.
Indianapolis' first-time call-ups are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Hens Split Doubleheader with RailRiders - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Split Double Dip - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Whip Pawtucket 7-5 for Seventh Straight Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Robinson, Craig Go Yard as Indians Ride by Tides, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Smoke Pigs 10-3 for 4th Straight Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rivera Homers Twice, But Mets Lose to Clippers, 14-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Lose on Walk-Off Passed Ball, 7-6 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Best Red Wings in Series Opener - Durham Bulls
- Knights blast four home runs in win over IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pedroia Begins Rehab Assignment in Loss to Stripers - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (20-17) vs. Norfolk Tides (19-19) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hartlieb Has Contract Selected by Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Maestro Paul Ferington Returns to Lead BPO at Bisons July 3rd KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration, Concert Set List Announced - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Pigs Announce Two On-Field Movie Nights - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-23) at Buffalo Bisons (14-22) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Mets Blast Four Homers in 15-5 Rout of Tribe
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-47) vs. Syracuse Mets (47-48)
- Gagnon, Tejada Propel Mets Past Indians, 5-2
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-46) vs. Syracuse Mets (46-48)
- Seven-Run Ninth Caps Mets' Dominance over Tribe