Lynx Get Munn From Atlantic City To Complete Deal For St. Jean
The Augusta Lynx announced today that the team has received defenseman Steve Munn from the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies to fulfill the future considerations owed for defenseman Marc St. Jean, who was traded from the Lynx during the 2003-04 Season.
Hailing from Maymont, Saskatchewan, Munn spent last season splitting time with Atlantic City and the American Hockey Leagues Bridgeport Sound Tigers. With the Boardwalk Bullies, Munn led the team with a +30 rating in 63 games. The 6-2, 215 lb. defenseman scored one goal while adding 10 assists for 11 points to go with 136 PIMs. While in Bridgeport this season, Munn played six games, tallying one assist and 11 PIMs and a +1 rating. Munn also won a Kelly Cup with Atlantic City in his first full season of pro in 2002-03.
Hes a solid presence on our blue line, said Stan Drulia, Lynx Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations. We like his size and his competence in his own zone. Hes not afraid to make guys pay the price in front of the net, and hes a good leader in the locker room. Steves a stay-at-home guy who obviously has the ability to play at the next level.
St. Jean never played a game in a Lynx uniform, coming to the team from Charlotte in the Gregg Naumenko trade. He did not report to Augusta and was subsequently dealt for future considerations to Atlantic City before the ECHL trade deadline. Munn was selected from a list of players provided to Drulia by the Boardwalk Bullies.
Full season ticket plans are now on sale through the Lynx office at 712 Telfair St., open Monday Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. You may also order tickets by calling the Lynx at (706) 724-4423, or go online to www.augustalynx.com. Full season ticket plans start as low as $340 per seat! Get yours today before theyre gone. Welcome to THE YEAR OF THE FAN.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 4, 2004
- Condors Complete Deal with Stingrays - Bakersfield Condors
- Ice Dogs Aquire Rights to Sandro Sbrocca From San Diego - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Ice Dogs Agree to Terms With Gary Zinck - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Two Late-Season Deals Completed - San Diego Gulls
- Sea Wolves Release Season-Ending Protected List - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Steelheads to Participate with Saint Alphonsus Classic Children's Race - Idaho Steelheads
- Season-Ending Roster Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Corbett Sent To Falcons For Rights To Ennis - Augusta Lynx
- Checkers release season-ending roster - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx Get Munn From Atlantic City To Complete Deal For St. Jean - Augusta Lynx
- Lynx Land Sarich, Johnson To Complete Dzieduszycki Trade - Augusta Lynx
- Gators complete trades - Louisiana IceGators
- Grrrowl announce trade transactions - Greenville Grrrowl
- Nailers Release 2004-05 Protected List - Wheeling Nailers
- Titans acquire McPherson - Trenton Devils
- Storm Trades for Futures Finalized - Toledo Walleye
- Blades Fleming Receives Two Year Extension - Florida Everblades
- Rivermen Announce Protected List with 14 Players from 2003-2004 - Peoria Rivermen
- Season ending Grrrowl roster released - Greenville Grrrowl
- Edmonton becomes partner with Grrrowl - Greenville Grrrowl
- Bardsley Named Winner Of Outstanding Media Award - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.