Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired guard Kevin Olekaibe from the available player pool.
Olekaibe (6'2", 180) has appeared in five games (two starts) for the Nets this season in two stints with Long Island, averaging 5.0 points and 1.6 assists in 16.8 minutes per contest. After being waived by Long Island on Feb. 7, he also appeared in one game with the Westchester Knicks.
Prior to joining Long Island, Olekaibe appeared in 96 career NBA G League games over four seasons (2014-18) with the Canton Charge, averaging 6.8 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game. During the 2017-18 season, he recorded career-high averages of 9.2 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.3 steals in 23.1 minutes per contest. The 26-year-old played three collegiate seasons (2010-13) for Fresno State and spent his senior season (2013-14) at UNLV.
Olekaibe will replace Shannon Scott on Long Island's roster after Scott sustained a season-ending right ankle injury. Long Island will retain its rights to Scott, who averaged 9.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 1.1 steals in 30.4 minutes per contest in 46 games (33 starts) this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Falls to Rio Grande Valley in NBA G League Finals
- Long Island Defeats Rio Grande Valley to Take 1-0 Lead in NBA G League Finals
- Alan Williams and Theo Pinson Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Long Island Defeats Lakeland to Become Eastern Conference Champions
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves