Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League
SANTA CRUZ, CA ""The Santa Cruz Warriors (34-16) mounted a second half comeback in back-to-back nights, beating the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (26-24) tonight at Kaiser Permanente Arena, 112-110. With the win, Santa Cruz achieves a four-way tie for the best record in the NBA G League and the number two seed in the 2019 NBA G League Western Conference Playoffs.
Warriors guard Kendrick Nunn led both teams tonight with 30 points on 14-of-20 from the field, to go along with four rebounds, two assists and two steals. Guard Darius Morris finished with 26 points, eight rebounds and four assists and forward Antonius Cleveland added seven points, seven rebounds, four assists and two steals off the bench.
LA Clippers assignment guard Jerome Robinson led the team with 26 points and added four rebounds and four assists. Two-way forward Johnathan Motley followed closely with 22 points, to go along with nine rebounds and five assists, and fellow two-way center Angel Delgado finished with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
Agua Caliente jumped out to a game-high nine-point lead in the first quarter, thanks to 14 points by Motley. Robinson continued the hot shooting by going 3-of-3 from deep for nine points in the second period, as Agua Caliente took a 62-59 lead at the half.
Santa Cruz was down nine points, 107-98, with less than five minutes remaining before a Michael Gbinije made three-pointer from Morris ended a nearly three-minute draught. Santa Cruz continued the hot streak to close the night on an 11-3 run, with a Brandon Fields fast break layup with 22 seconds remaining setting up a luscious Nunn floater as time expired to propel Santa Cruz to the victory.
The Santa Cruz Warriors have clinched a first-round bye complete their back-to-back set against the Agua Caliente Clippers tomorrow night at Kaiser Permanente Arena at 7:00 p.m. PDT. For tickets to the all Santa Cruz Warriors playoff games, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- #JrNBAWeek at the Santa Cruz Boys & Girls Club
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Host Three Hardwood Classics Nights
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Ryan Atkinson General Manager
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Kris Weems Head Coach