Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs
The Lakeland Magic, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, secured the second seed in the Eastern Conference and a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Lakeland will play the winner of the Westchester Knicks vs Windy City Bulls at home at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland, FL on March 29 at 7:00PM in the second round of the playoffs.
This is Lakeland's second season in existence and marks the Magic's second playoff appearance advancing to the first round during the 2017-18 season. This is Lakeland's first round one bye earned on a 2018-19 season complete with 32 total wins. The game will be broadcast live on Twitch and TuneIn.
Lakeland Magic playoff tickets and group tickets are now available. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Johnson, Magette and Law Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations
- Jefferson, Magette Lead Magic over BayHawks