South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season
PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ- The South Bay Lakers lost their final game of the season as they fell to the Northern Arizona Suns, 99-96, on Saturday night. Justin Harper scored a team-high 20 points off the bench for the Lakers (21-29) in the loss. Three players for Northern Arizona (12-38) grabbed double-doubles as they won the season series against South Bay.
South Bay got out to a quick 25-18 lead after the first quarter, as Travis Wear scored nine points in the period, shooting a perfect 3-of-3 from three-point range. The Suns bounced back to take a 55-52 halftime lead, behind 12 second-quarter points from Aaron Epps.
Northern Arizona extended their lead through three, 80-73, as Peter Jok scored nine points in the third quarter alone. South Bay outscored the Suns in the fourth quarter, as Harper scored eight points off the bench, but the Suns prevailed in the closing minutes for the win.
Epps (23 points, 10 rebounds), Jok (20 points, 14 rebounds) and ShawnDre Jones (13 points, 14 assists) all recorded double-doubles for the Suns. Hollis Thompson finished with 21 points and Daxter Miles Jr. scored 10 points off the bench.
Harper's 20 points paced the Lakers, while Andre Ingram and Wear scored 19 points apiece. Jemerrio Jones did some of everything with eight points, eight rebounds, eight assists and three blocks.
South Bay finished the year with a 21-29 regular season record and saw Ingram and Scott Machado receive NBA Call Ups with the Los Angeles Lakers.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.