Blue Routs Spurs
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (34-16) caught fire from the three-point line to defeat the Austin Spurs (20-30), 138-107, on Saturday night, tying the best regular-season record in franchise history.
Oklahoma City's three-point shooting heated up in the second half, with 10 makes, including two apiece for two-way player Donte Grantham, Devon Hall and Justin Leon. The Blue finished with 19 three-point field goals, a season high, en route to its second-highest point total in a game this year.
Grantham finished with 21 points, 10 rebounds and a career-high-tying four steals, his fourth double-double of the year. Hall and Leon contributed 10 and nine points for the Blue, respectively.
"That was a great win," Head Coach Mark Daigneault said. "I thought we showed a lot of mental toughness on the back-to-back and went out and played a pretty complete 48-minute game on both ends of the floor. I'm really happy with our regular season, and our team is looking forward to our opportunity in the playoffs."
The Blue held a seven-point lead after the first quarter, but the Spurs opened the second quarter on a 9-2 run, with a three-point basket from Travis Bader tying the game at 35-all. Oklahoma City's Kevin Hervey responded with seven points in the quarter, as the Blue took a 69-56 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Hervey led the Blue with 22 points, 10 rebounds and three steals. The Spurs were led by 20 points from John Holland.
Oklahoma City's playoff matchup will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.