Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short
GREENSBORO, NC - The Texas Legends (16-34) cut a 22-point gap to five points in the fourth quarter but were unable to seal the comeback falling 97-107 to the Greensboro Swarm (26-26) in the season finale.
The two teams exchanged leads six times in the first, with Greensboro taking a 6-point edge at the buzzer. The second quarter opened with back-to-back baskets from the home team to extend the gap to double-digits, with the Swarm building a 20-point lead at the half.
Texas shot 40% from outside in the third to begin chipping away at the deficit. The visitors then started the fourth with a 7-0 run to pull within five with under ten minutes to play. Greensboro responded with a 10-2 run of their own and closed out the visitors using an 11-point performance from JP Macura.
Xavier Rathan-Mayes led the Legends with 22 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists while Xavier Johnson added 20 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists. Trahson Burrell came off the bench for 17 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals, and Vander Blue tabbed 9 points while matching Rathan-Mayes' team-high 10 rebounds.
Macura finished with 26 points, 7 rebounds for the Swarm while Chinanu Onuaku grabbed 19 points, a game-high 18 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 blocks. Isaiah Willkins added 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals, and Jaylen Barford and Sam Thompson tallied 10 points each.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are now available for purchase. Call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 24, 2019
- No. 3 Knicks Host No. 6 Bulls in Wednesday's Playoff Game - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs - Lakeland Magic
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One - Raptors 905
- Drive's First-Round Game Set for Tuesday - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Stars Clinch First Playoff Berth in Salt Lake City Era - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Routs Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Fall to Capital City Go-Go in Regular-Season Finale - Stockton Kings
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sweet Finish: Suns Beat Lakers to Conclude 2018-19 - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.