LaCouture returns to Rhode Island
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 18th year in the American Hockey League, announced that they have signed forward Dan LaCouture to a Professional Tryout Agreement. With the move, the P-Bruins have 23 players on their roster, including 14 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.
LaCouture, 32, returns to the Boston Bruins organization after spending time in both Boston and Providence from 2004-06. As a member of the P-Bruins in 2004-05, the veteran appeared in 64 games during the regular season, amassing 27 points (12g, 15a), before adding a goal and an assist in six postseason contests as Providence advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals. The following year, LaCouture suited up for 55 games for Boston, recording two goals and two assists.
When the left wing appears in his first Providence game of 2009-10, it will mark the beginning of his season after splitting 2008-09 among three teams. LaCouture enjoyed 11 games with the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, scoring two goals, another 12 games with the AHL's Albany River Rats, where he tallied six points (g, 5a), and he concluded his season with 12 contests for Astana in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.
In his career, the 13th year pro has appeared in 702 regular season games between the NHL, AHL and international play, scoring 193 points (101g, 92a) and collecting 697 penalty minutes. LaCouture has added six goals and three assists in 35 career postseason contests. The native of Hyannis, Massachusetts, has seen NHL time with the Edmonton Oilers, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, Boston, New Jersey Devils and Carolina. He also played for the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs with Providence head coach Rob Murray in 1999-00, setting career-highs with 23 goals, 17 assists and 40 points.
LaCouture was selected 29th overall by the New York Islanders in round two of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft.
The P-Bruins return to action this weekend with three home games at the Dunkin' Donuts Center, beginning Friday against the Springfield Falcons at 7:05 p.m. for Dunkin' Donuts Mug Night. On Saturday, Providence hosts the Worcester Sharks at 7:05 p.m. for Johnny Boychuk Poster Night. The P-Bruins then wrap up the weekend against the Manchester Monarchs at 4:05 p.m. on Sunday for a Family Game, where fans can buy one ticket, hot dog and soda for one low price. To purchase 2009-10 season tickets, Flex Tix or individual game tickets, please call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 20, 2009
- Sound Tigers hold off Heat, 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Peoria Scores Five in First, Wins 7-2 - Peoria Rivermen
- Milwaukee Admirals Hold On To Top Houston Aeros 3-2 - Houston Aeros
- Rampage fall to Peoria - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs end two-game slide against Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters drop game - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs defeated 5-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Return from Boston - Providence Bruins
- Moose down 'Dogs - Manitoba Moose
- Monarchs Control Rat Infestation - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks win over Admirals - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs blank Wolves, 1-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Macintyre Puts On Clinic But Wolves Fall To Hogs, 1-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Fall To Bruins 5-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Too Sweet For Bingo: Hershey Pounds B-Sens 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Fall To Bruins 5-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Snap Stars' Streak With 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Falls 2-1 In Manchester - Albany River Rats
- Torrey Mitchell Scores In Sharks 3-1 Loss In Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Derailed in Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins End Stars Streak, Beat Teaxs 4-1 - Texas Stars
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Drop 2-1 Decision In Lowell - Norfolk Admirals
- Teddy Bear Toss And Locks Of Love Set For Friday Against IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Amerks Host Syracuse Tonight At The Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Sharks recall forwards Benn Ferriero, Jamie McGinn and Logan Couture - Worcester Sharks
- Americans partner with Morgan Stanley to present Player of the Month Award - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Announce Community Appearances - Adirondack Phantoms
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Nathan Smith - Houston Aeros
- Saturday November 21st vs. Hamilton SOLD-OUT - Manitoba Moose
- Senators assign Tim Spencer to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Hurricanes reassign defenseman Bryan Rodney to River Rats - Albany River Rats
- Coyotes re-assigned forward Kevin Porter to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Dropkick Murphys to Perform at Admirals Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Falcons sign Jason Morgan to PTO contract - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Brett Gallant - Syracuse Crunch
- LaCouture returns to Rhode Island - Providence Bruins
- Dropkick Murphys To Perform At Admirals Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Falcons Sign Jason Morgan To PTO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- LaCouture Returns To Rhode Island - Providence Bruins
- Meet Jarvis Green Of The Patriots At The Devils Game - Albany Devils
- Clash Of The Titans Tonight At The Van - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.