Kyle Blaney Returns for Fourth Season in Kalamazoo
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced Thursday the signing of forward Kyle Blaney for the 2019-20 season.
Blaney, 28, scored a career-high 12 goals and added 32 assists for 45 points in 63 games with the K-Wings in 2018-19. The Burlington, Ontario native enters his fourth season in Kalamazoo riding the success of back-to-back 40-point seasons. He posted a career-best 45 points (10g, 35a) in 63 games in 2017-18.
"I'm excited for this upcoming season," said Blaney. "It's time for this group to have the success it's capable of. We have a great group from the staff through to the players. It's time to stop talking about doing it, and just go out there and do it."
In his first three seasons, Blaney has totaled 110 points (27g, 83a) in 169 games for the K-Wings. He has played his entire pro career so far in Kalamazoo under Head Coach Nick Bootland.
"Kyle is a player we relied heavily on last season," said Bootland. "He played in all situations for us and we feel he still has not reached his full potential yet. He has worked hard this summer to be even more of a factor for our team."
"The principles and standards that have been set by Coach Bootland and Coach Martin have paved the way for what we want here," said Blaney. "I really feel like as a group we're mentally ready for the challenge."
Prior to turning pro, the 5'8'', 180 lbs. forward spent three seasons at Ryerson University in Toronto. Blaney averaged over a point per game for the Rams, posting 48 points (15g, 33a) in 45 college games.
The K-Wings' 46th Home Opener is Saturday, Oct. 19 against the Cincinnati Cyclones at 7:00 p.m. at the Wings Event Center, following Fan Fest leading up to the game. Tickets are on sale now-, starting at just $10.
2019-20 K-Wings season tickets, partial plans and 5-packs are on sale now! Visit KWings.com for details.
Book your group before Sept. 1, 2019 for any K-Wings game this season and every member of the group will receive a K-Wings winter hat.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 29, 2019
- Trevor Gorsuch First Netminder to Sign with Royals for 2019-20 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Opening Night Tickets on Sale Friday - Toledo Walleye
- Bring Your Talents to Allen Event Center this Saturday, Plus a Big Player Announcement - Allen Americans
- Defenseman Brady Norrish Re-Joins Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Robbie Hall Signs with Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Erickson and Laurysen Set to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Sign McGrath and Yau for Upcoming Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Gladiators Grab Two More AHL Players - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Trade Campagna Rights to Norfolk; Three Ink Tryout Agreements - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kyle Blaney Returns for Fourth Season in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dan DeSalvo Joins South Carolina for 2019-20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Add Rookie Defenseman Cole Fraser and Rookie Forward Bryan Lemos - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Unveil 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.