Komets Trade Campagna Rights to Norfolk; Three Ink Tryout Agreements
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced Thursday that the rights to forward J.C. Campagna have been traded to the Norfolk Admirals for future considerations.
Campagna joined the Komets last season after starting the year appearing in two games with Allen. Campagna led the Komets with 35 goals and added 14 assists for 49 points in 61 ECHL games.
Also, the Komets announced Thursday that three players have signed tryout agreements and will be in the Komet camp when it opens on September 30. Goaltender Max Strong, defenseman Carl Greco and forward Isaiah Crawford have been added to the preseason roster.
Strong, 29, posted an SPHL best 2.33 goals-against average while a member of the Pensacola Ice Flyers in his last season of play during 2014-15. Strong completed the year with a 28-14-5 record and .919 save percentage.
Greco, 25, shared the 2018-19 season with Fayetteville and Pensacola in the SPHL. Greco scored five assists and six points in 13 games with Fayetteville and registered three assists in 12 games with Pensacola.
Crawford, 24, skated his senior season last year with Trine University in the ACHA D3. The forward led the Thunder with 20 goals and dished 16 assists to rank second with 36 points in 20 games.
The Komets preseason roster to grows to 23 players including 13 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders.
See the Komets preseason roster
Komets to face Nailers in two preseason tilts-- The Komets will face the Wheeling Nailers in two exhibition games. The home-and-home practice series starts Friday, Oct. 4 at Wheeling at 7:05pm ET. The Komets will host the Nailers Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7:35pm ET on Sweetwater Ice at the Memorial Coliseum completing the preseason slate.
68th season opener Oct. 12-- The Komets will open the 68th season of Komet Hockey on Saturday, Oct. 12 when the Kalamazoo Wings visit for a 7:35pm faceoff.
Season tickets for 2019-20 are on sale now at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. Single game tickets will go on sale in September. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 29, 2019
- Trevor Gorsuch First Netminder to Sign with Royals for 2019-20 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Opening Night Tickets on Sale Friday - Toledo Walleye
- Bring Your Talents to Allen Event Center this Saturday, Plus a Big Player Announcement - Allen Americans
- Defenseman Brady Norrish Re-Joins Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Robbie Hall Signs with Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Erickson and Laurysen Set to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Sign McGrath and Yau for Upcoming Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Gladiators Grab Two More AHL Players - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Trade Campagna Rights to Norfolk; Three Ink Tryout Agreements - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kyle Blaney Returns for Fourth Season in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dan DeSalvo Joins South Carolina for 2019-20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Add Rookie Defenseman Cole Fraser and Rookie Forward Bryan Lemos - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Unveil 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener
- Komets Make Roster Moves
- Komets Open 2019 Training Camp