Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R.
Fort Wayne, IN --- The Komets announced Tuesday that left winger Artem Podshendyalov has been added to the roster and is expected to see his first action as a pro Wednesday when the Komets host the Mississippi RiverKings at Memorial Coliseum at 7:30.
Podshendyalov (pod-SHEN-duh-loff), 21, skated last season in the Greater Metro Hockey League, a junior 'A' league, with the Bradford Rattlers in Ontario and posted a team-high 62 goals and 62 assists for 124 points in 42 games.
Podshendyalov hails from Omsk, Russia, and will wear number 55.
The Komets also announced that winger Kaleigh Schrock has been placed on 10-day injured reserve after sustaining an injury in Monday night's game against Dayton. Schrock joins defensemen Steve Delisle and Bobby Phillips, also on I.R.
Mississippi will be making their first of two visits Wednesday. The Quad City Mallards will visit to ring in the New Year with the Komets Friday. It's the 54th New Year's Eve game in Fort Wayne where the Komets have an eight-game New Year's Eve winning streak and are 36-13-4 on the last night of the year. It's Quad City's first visit to Fort Wayne for a New Year's Eve game. The Komets complete the busy week of five games in seven nights when they travel to Dayton New Year's Day for a 7:30pm faceoff at Hara Arena.
OPERATION KOMET KARE PACKAGE -- The Komets are asking fans to bring donations of convenience items for our troops overseas to the next Komet home game Wednesday, Dec. 29 when they host Mississippi at 7:30pm. It's the fifth consecutive year for Operation Komet Kare Package. For a complete list of preferred items for donation, call 260-483-0011.
Great seats available -- Tickets for all Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at www.ticketmaster.com. The Komets offer discounts on group tickets sold at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. For more information visit the Komet office, call 260-483-0011 or visit the Komets' website at www.komets.com.
All games on News Talk 1190 WOWO -- Bob Chase is celebrating his 58th consecutive season behind the Komet microphone broadcasting radio-rinkside. All games broadcast this year can be heard on News Talk 1190 WOWO and webcast at www.komets.com at Xfinity KometCast .
Komets.com -- The official website for the Fort Wayne Komets is www.komets.com. In addition to live gamecasts, the Komets' home on the web also features news, stats, interactive fan features and information as well as real-time scoring via the CHL and Pointstreak.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.